When can I work?

Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When can I work?

FWIW it took about 4 months for my EAD to come through when I was in the same situation as you were. I had a job offer on the table, contingent on getting the approval to work. Luckily it all worked out ok, good luck!

And in the time off I had we arranged an international wedding, found & bought a house, moved, and I got well caught up on my backlog of reading Quite enjoyed the luxury of being able to settle into a new country without having to worry about meetings, work trips etc
Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pugilation
FWIW it took about 4 months for my EAD to come through when I was in the same situation as you were. I had a job offer on the table, contingent on getting the approval to work. Luckily it all worked out ok, good luck!

And in the time off I had we arranged an international wedding, found & bought a house, moved, and I got well caught up on my backlog of reading .... Quite enjoyed the luxury of being able to settle into a new country without having to worry about meetings, work trips etc
It must have been nice to have the capital or other household income to not have to worry about the loss of income from not working, by the sounds of it.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

paul_1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pugilation

And in the time off I had we arranged an international wedding, found & bought a house, moved, and I got well caught up on my backlog of reading Quite enjoyed the luxury of being able to settle into a new country without having to worry about meetings, work trips etc
How did you find the whole experience of finding a mortgage with little to no credit history?
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

paul_1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It must have been nice to have the capital or other household income to not have to worry about the loss of income from not working, by the sounds of it.
I'm in that situation and trust me, I've worked hard enough in the UK in my current role to have that luxury, it's not as fun as it sounds - 12 hour work days and living out of a suitcase most weeks!!
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul_1985
I'm in that situation and trust me, I've worked hard enough in the UK in my current role to have that luxury, it's not as fun as it sounds - 12 hour work days and living out of a suitcase most weeks!!
We were very lucky for sure, and my wife kept working throughout apart from the week of our wedding and honeymoon.

Re mortgage, my wife was already a homeowner over here, and has good credit. We applied for the mortgage in her name and I was added to the title (I also provided cash for the down payment). As for my credit rating, i’m working on that via my Amex which they transferred over for me.