Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

Originally Posted by hoffage123
The interview itself? Under 5 minutes.

The checking of the documents? Under 5 minutes.

The waiting on/off inbetween? About 2 and a half hours; and we got there early! Yes our 4 year old was doing our head in by the end of it too; there is a big tv screen there, bring plenty of stickers and colouring books, there are some pictures on the side that you can talk to them about as well as people watch. There is food but it is very pricey.

Hoffage
In addition to that, keep in mind that NO electronics are allowed in to the embassy...so no video games and such.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to prove physical presence in the US for a certain amount of years 5 years or was it 3 ( cant remember)
without leaving, for me to pass on citizenship to my daughter, I did not keep my previous passports as all the dates were in there.
5 years in the US, at least 2 of which have to be after the age of your 14th birthday spent in the US for your daughter to have benefited from that.

Your daughter can aquire automatic citizenship once she is admitted to the US as a permanent resident as long as she does so before the age of 18 - see http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/...hrough-parents

Hoffage
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saffysmom
We applied last year to get her citizenship through birth , but application was not successful as I could not provide the information they required
Be aware than when it comes to the Affidavit of Support, your daughter will require an I-864W and not an I-864. This is because she will immediately become a US citizen the day she enters the US with her immigrant visa - and so will not need financial sponsorship.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2014, 9:27 pm
Sunny Side

Saffysmom is on a distinguished road

Thanks for info Ian-mstm im a little baffled as I have filled out 2 forms for I-864 for my husband and daughter

Do I need to now just fill out I-864 w instead as you stated and take with me to interview?
So if sponsoring my husband do I just show that I have sufficient funds for sponsoring one person ?

You guys ate just so helpful !! I learn something everyday
Old Feb 1st 2014, 9:28 pm
Sunny Side

Hate spell check never works meant to say
"You guys ARE" not ate
Old Feb 1st 2014, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for info Ian-mstm im a little baffled as I have filled out 2 forms for I-864 for my husband and daughter

Do I need to now just fill out I-864 w instead as you stated and take with me to interview?
So if sponsoring my husband do I just show that I have sufficient funds for sponsoring one person ?

You guys ate just so helpful !! I learn something everyday
I think what Ian is saying is that you need an I-864 for your husband and also an I-864W for your daughter to be completed, following the instructions for both sets of forms.

For daughter: http://www.uscis.gov/i-864w
For husband: http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

In terms of the sponsorship issue - are you qualifying on US income or assets or a combination of both?

It would just be your husband who you need to prove adequate sponsorship for.

Last edited by hoffage123; Feb 1st 2014 at 10:02 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband needs an I-864; your daughter needs an I-864W.

You still have 3 people in your household, so you must have sufficient funds for that. That's a different issue than which forms to complete.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2014, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hoffage123
It would just be your husband who you need to prove adequate sponsorship for.
There are still 3 people in her household... so she must have sufficient funds for all. Why? Because the daughter is not yet a US citizen. That the daughter becomes a USC on entry to the US is a separate issue from visa eligibility. The visa requirements must still be met.

Ian
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 1:31 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, it is hard to predict what might cause AP. Many Middle Eastern and "Asian" names tend to repeat. Also, sometimes, it is the immigrant's friends or associates who are on watch lists.

[I'm thinking of one case I once had where denial was ultimate on "reason to believe" for drug trafficking. The only thing we could figure out that his best friend from school was busted and client's name was in the guy's mobile auto-dial directory.].
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 9:59 am
Sunny Side

I'm the US citizen- I'm the main sponsor I will be using my income and assets
Didn't realise I had to include myself in the household but it makes sense

The I-864w is that done on line or printed out and taken with me to interview ?

My husband doesn't have a common name, so I'm hoping it's not a name on a watch list

As far as intent to domicile - I only have a bank account to show and a new business I opened up last year , but it's not trading yet

We will be renting in the beginning until our house in UK sells do I need to show much else ?
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

The I-864w is that done on line or printed out and taken with me to interview ?
Both the I-864 and the I-864W go to the interview with your husband and daughter. You, personally, aren't required to be at the interview and, indeed, may not be allowed into the interview room with them.

We will be renting in the beginning until our house in UK sells do I need to show much else ?
Think of intent to domicile as a 2-step process: 1) wrapping things up in the UK; and 2) starting things up in the US. Both will help... so demonstrate both.

Ian
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Saffysmom - You can always check the wiki's out at the top of the Forum or do a search on domicile to see how others reconciled intent to establish domicile.

Hoffage
Old Feb 4th 2014, 10:43 am
Sunny Side

Thanks hoffage , great info on wiki
I've got all the info I need

Last question when I filled out readiness form on line
One of the questions asked was who is attending interview with you
So I've included myself , as my husband will not be able to keep my hyper 4 yr old occupied
Ian-mstm mentioned I may not be allowed in the interview

How do I attend the. , any particular request I need to make ?!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Viper007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Saffysmom, there is no way of knowing about AP. I was expecting to be put in AP but was pleasantly surprised that Visa was issued after being asked just one question, I received my passport back after 7 days after interview. I have an Islamic middle name, I was not born in the UK and I do not hold a UK passport. I hold a German passport.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 11:28 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks hoffage , great info on wiki
I've got all the info I need

Last question when I filled out readiness form on line
One of the questions asked was who is attending interview with you
So I've included myself , as my husband will not be able to keep my hyper 4 yr old occupied
Ian-mstm mentioned I may not be allowed in the interview

How do I attend the. , any particular request I need to make ?!
Maybe try contacting the Embassy to see if you can attend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.