Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

Old Jan 31st 2014, 12:37 pm
Sunny Side

Saffysmom is on a distinguished road
Default What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

We are awaiting interview for my husband who is UK born, from a Pakistani Muslim background

What are the chances of him going through AP????? Because of his background

I'm a US. Citizen we've been married for 3 yrs with a 4 yr old

What are your views or experience???

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2014, 1:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are chances of my husband going through AP because he is .....

There is some chance. There is no way to tell a percentage of chance. Be prepared for it, just in case.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 1:20 pm
Sunny Side

Do you know what they look for ?

Are the mainly concerned about the religion or country someone is from
Or the name ( if it could possibly be on the watch list)

I've been reading on some of the forums as to which people go through AP and seems to be mainly countries like , Iran , Pakistan, Egypt , Turkey , etc

I know I'm jumping the gun, it might happen or it might not .....

I'm expecting delays of up to 9 months will be a pain but have no choice and completely understand the government has to do these checks
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saffysmom
Do you know what they look for ?
No. No one knows exactly what they look for. His information is sent to several different branches for security checks, background checks, name checks, etc. No one know exactly what they do while checking, and there is no way to find out. There is no way to find out where one is in the process once they go into AP.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 2:37 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

We are awaiting interview for my husband who is UK born, from a Pakistani Muslim background

What are the chances of him going through AP????? Because of his background
I presume this is a consulate interview for a CR-1? If so, given he's UK born unless he has strong ties to Pakistan I would doubt he would be put in AP. Has he ever visited Pakistan? What about Iran, Syria, or any other countries hostile to the United States?

But, the reality is you really won't know until the time.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:28 pm
Sunny Side

It's I-130 immigrant family visa for my uk husband and daughter

He went to Pakistan for a funeral 10 yrs ago but apart from that he has gone on vacation to Egypt, and Dubai

Assuming he has to go through AP will a visa be issued to my daughter or will she have to wait?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 3:35 pm

It's I-130 immigrant family visa for my uk husband and daughter
The I-130 was just the petition. The actual visa is an Immigrant Visa.

He went to Pakistan for a funeral 10 yrs ago but apart from that he has gone on vacation to Egypt, and Dubai

Assuming he has to go through AP will a visa be issued to my daughter or will she have to wait?
Who knows? Your guess is as good as ours. My layman's guess is that your husband might get put in AP, but not your daughter.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I presume this is a consulate interview for a CR-1?
She indicated that she's been married for 3 years... so, not a CR-1.

If you click on someone's username it'll give you a number of options - including reading their prior posts. That way, you won't have to presume!

Ian
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:36 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She indicated that she's been married for 3 years... so, not a CR-1.
Ok, IR-1 then. heh.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

I am of Pakistani descent although UK born - I didn't get AP, but I sure spent a LOT of time worrying about it. On reflection, I wish I had worried less.

My advice would be to worry about the things you can control (like ensuring all your documentation is there and is properly organised). Complete the forms properly and provide all the evidence they need, nothing more nothing less.

Go into the interview with a positive attitude and a realisation that there may be a delay, there may not. Accept whatever the outcome is, and adjust plans accordingly.

Hoffage
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:20 pm
Sunny Side

thanks Hoffage nice to hear about your experience

my husband worries more about it then me, its just the MAYBE that he might have to go through it. It would be a real Pain if there was a delay!! we already delayed the process by 5 months when we first applied.

was your interview pretty straight forward?
did they ask you a lot of questions????
will they be asking me questions or are they intended for my husband??

we are getting paperwork sorted at the moment . collating all our finances.
Im thinking positive but there is the doubt!!

fingers crossed !!!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:23 pm

Your husband and daughter will be the only ones being interviewed. You do not even need to be there.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Hoffage nice to hear about your experience

my husband worries more about it then me, its just the MAYBE that he might have to go through it. It would be a real Pain if there was a delay!! we already delayed the process by 5 months when we first applied.

was your interview pretty straight forward?
did they ask you a lot of questions????

we are getting paperwork sorted at the moment . collating all our finances.
Im thinking positive but there is the doubt!!

fingers crossed !!!
Yes the interview was straightforward. I was asked these questions by the ConOff:

1. How long have you been married?
2. Have you ever committed a crime?
3. Understand you have a little boy (lifted said little boy up to the window as 'evidence' that got a smile from the ConOff).
4. Has he got a US passport (yes).

Missus wasn't asked any questions, as it is the applicant that gets interviewed. She didn't have to be there, neither did my son, they are both US citizens.

Got a nice Welcome to the US your visa is approved will take 10 working days etc etc and that was that. Waited a few days then my visa status changed to 'Issued' on CEAC. Passport returned a week later.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:48 pm
Sunny Side

hoffage how long did the whole interview last??

my daughter does not have a US passport only a UK

We applied last year to get her citizenship through birth , but application was not successful as I could not provide the information they required

I had to prove physical presence in the US for a certain amount of years 5 years or was it 3 ( cant remember)
without leaving, for me to pass on citizenship to my daughter, I did not keep my previous passports as all the dates were in there.

the officer last year at the London embassy said that they only for her to get a visa was to apply for a family immigrant visa.

I have been spending the last 4 years in the UK as I couldn't take my daughter back with me , as she could only go on the VWP

I will be attending the interview with my husband and girl, mainly to keep my active 4 year old occupied.

thanks everyone for all your input !!!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage how long did the whole interview last??

my daughter does not have a US passport only a UK

We applied last year to get her citizenship through birth , but application was not successful as I could not provide the information they required

I had to prove physical presence in the US for a certain amount of years 5 years or was it 3 ( cant remember)
without leaving, for me to pass on citizenship to my daughter, I did not keep my previous passports as all the dates were in there.

the officer last year at the London embassy said that they only for her to get a visa was to apply for a family immigrant visa.

I have been spending the last 4 years in the UK as I couldn't take my daughter back with me , as she could only go on the VWP

I will be attending the interview with my husband and girl, mainly to keep my active 4 year old occupied.

thanks everyone for all your input !!!

The interview itself? Under 5 minutes.

The checking of the documents? Under 5 minutes.

The waiting on/off inbetween? About 2 and a half hours; and we got there early! Yes our 4 year old was doing our head in by the end of it too; there is a big tv screen there, bring plenty of stickers and colouring books, there are some pictures on the side that you can talk to them about as well as people watch. There is food but it is very pricey.

Hoffage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.