Reload this Page >

Waiting for an answer for AP/I 512

Waiting for an answer for AP/I 512

Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:12 am
Just Joined

scredy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for an answer for AP/I 512

Hi guys

I`m back with few questions, We finaly got the receipts from my applications (I 485, I130, etc...). Faster than it should be though, only 15 days after they received the applications and money order. Good suprise, it was.

Our story quickly, I got here april 2002, married with a USC january 2003, then we spent a long long time to fill correctly the applications with the help of the attorney free, adviced by the BCIS. They (our free attorney) made a first mistake in june, they sent our applications without the affidavit of support. So we lost a lot of time, because of that. My visa expired july 2003. Once again our "free" attorney always adviced me to stay, even with a visa expired. End of september I got the receipts and renewed my driving license without that much problem.

This morning, we got to the Miami offices, to fill my advance parole, and i have to go back next friday to get my answer. I read few messages tonnight, and they actualy scared me a little. I havn`t been working for 9 month now, and thought that before i`ll get my EAD i will be able to visit my family, who i havn`t see for almost 2 years now. On top of that my wife works two job, bla, bla, bla.

I read that an overstay, is a good reason for an answer negative to advance parole without real case of emergency. I`ve overstayed here, because of my free attorney, for technicly 3 month.

Do you think that they will considerate the big mistake from my attorney (recommended by the INS), and consider that my overstayed wasn`t really my fault ?

Should I think that if i had had my receipts so fast it was on purpose ? or we`ve only been lucky !

Do you think that they will considerate that i`ve been here already for almost 2 years (without live the country) and married and living with my wife for ten month.

Do you think they really care about us ? or it`s only for them that they work ?

Thank you all, you writers, who post, answer, and read those messages. Thanks to keep this great website alive.