Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

the wait sucks, but you knew that

the wait sucks, but you knew that

Old Feb 26th 2001, 12:26 pm
Vermyndax

I'm just sitting here thinking about how much this wait for the I-129F to get processed
sucks. TSC is slow. Everything else is slow after that too. I know it just makes you
appreciate it all the more, but it still sucks

It's almost as if reading this newsgroup and checking the timeline updates at www.wkh.org
makes the wait shorter through some karmic churn of energy.

And yeah, I'm trying to keep busy... sigh...

--Alexander

Old Feb 26th 2001, 2:43 pm
Diane M

Yep - I calculated the average amount of time from mailing to receipt of first NOA, and we
should have gotten the NOA Saturday. I know averages don't work that way. I know
government agencies don't work that way. I don't care. If I don't get our first NOA in the
mail today I think my head may explode. Look for it in the news - "Woman's head explodes
in Sacramento - details at 11:00".

Diane

Vermyndax wrote:

> I'm just sitting here thinking about how much this wait for the I-129F to get processed
> sucks. TSC is slow. Everything else is slow after that too. I know it just makes you
> appreciate it all the more, but it still sucks
>
> It's almost as if reading this newsgroup and checking the timeline updates at
> www.wkh.org makes the wait shorter through some karmic churn of energy.
>
> And yeah, I'm trying to keep busy... sigh...
>
> --Alexander

Old Feb 27th 2001, 12:08 am
Vermyndax

Hmmm... What service center and when did you send it? Did you send it certified mail? Get
a return receipt? Etc. etc.

--Alexander

>
first NOA, and we
    >
I know
    >
our first NOA in
    >
"Woman's head
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 27th 2001, 1:04 am
lms and pjb

I know the feeling I sent my I 129 F into vsc last week, they received it on the 20th of
Feb. at 9:30 am and I keep hoping that the 1st noa will arrive any day now based on the
time lines i've been checking...and things are suppose to be quick at vsc. I just am
beginning to hate the wait while realizing that it will just get worse as this process
continues... Hopefully that noa will arrive this week- everyone else seems to have gotten
them quickly recently (with in the last month or so)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 27th 2001, 2:02 am
Diane M

Certified mail. I have the receipt - it was delivered on Feb 12 to the California Service
Center. 2 weeks later, no acknowledgment from the Center that they have even received
it. I know that it's not so long that I should panic, but it would *really* be nice to at
least know that they hadn't lost the file behind a copy machine or something. I can
handle the waiting, it's the wondering that's raising my blood pressure.

Diane M.

Vermyndax wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >