Visa Interview

Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

UKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud of
Default Visa Interview

I didn't want to hijack another thread but it's very related to another thread asking for the relevant documents needed for the interview.

I have been using this link as a checklist for all the documents that I will require (I am the petitioner for a DCF CR-1).

I have all the documents for me, however are we required to bring all the same documents for my sponsor as well?

So far example, a UK police certificate, birth certificate etc for my USC sponsor?
Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview

No. Just specific to you. Remember, for questions or instructions, do not read into them and take them at face value.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

UKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Guindalf
No. Just specific to you. Remember, for questions or instructions, do not read into them and take them at face value.
Thanks for the clarification!

I got tripped up because of this sentence:

If your application is being processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy, you are required to obtain the original or certified copy, and one photocopy (with the exception of your passport and photographs) of the following documents for yourself and each family member applying for a visa.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKC90
So far example, a UK police certificate, birth certificate etc for my USC sponsor? ...

... of the following documents for yourself and each family member applying for a visa.
Is your sponsor applying for a visa?

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is your sponsor applying for a visa?

Ian
Rhetorical question, but I get your point

I guess why I'm asking is because I am reading on this forum about some of the things people are taking to their interviews (e.g. this thread) where they are taking their sponsor's birth cert, passport copy etc whereas all I have been referring to is this checklist which doesn't make reference to any of these documents?

Let me know if I'm missing something as all I was planning on taking with me was

1) Passport + copy
2) Birth cert + copy
3) Marriage cert + copy
4) 2x U.S. ppt photos
5) ACRO
6) I-864

Cheers!
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKC90
I guess why I'm asking is because I am reading on this forum about some of the things people are taking to their interviews (e.g. this thread) where they are taking their sponsor's birth cert, passport copy etc whereas all I have been referring to is this checklist which doesn't make reference to any of these documents?
It's not just about the documentation required for the visa... it's also about the supporting evidence for the documents you submit.

For example:

6) I-864
To be accepted, the I-864 requires that the financial sponsor be either a US citizen or a US permanent resident, over age 18, and living in the US (or, in the case of DCF, intent to domicile in the US) - which means you need to include proof that the person is either a USC or PR. That means either their birth certificate or copy of their US passport.

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

It's not just about the documentation required for the visa... it's also about the supporting evidence for the documents you submit.

For example:

To be accepted, the I-864 requires that the financial sponsor be either a US citizen or a US permanent resident, over age 18, and living in the US (or, in the case of DCF, intent to domicile in the US) - which means you need to include proof that the person is either a USC or PR. That means either their birth certificate or copy of their US passport.

Ian
Gotcha Thanks! Fairly straightforward then.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Andy93 is an unknown quantity at this point

For example:

Ian
Quick question, does the financial sponsors tax returns prove they are a USC? It has the social security number is on it, and the address at which they live?
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Andy93
Quick question, does the financial sponsors tax returns prove they are a USC?
No... because even undocumented aliens are required to file a tax return. They don't usually, but the requirement is still there.

Ian
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Andy93 is an unknown quantity at this point

No... because even undocumented aliens are required to file a tax return. They don't usually, but the requirement is still there.

Ian
Okay thanks, what about my wife's birth certificate (US citizen) - he is named on that?
And in regards to passport, my financial sponsor doesn't have a indate passport, will a photocopy of this be okay?
What other forms of proof could I get? (Birth certificate etc..)
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Okay thanks, what about my wife's birth certificate (US citizen) - he is named on that?
And in regards to passport, my financial sponsor doesn't have a indate passport, will a photocopy of this be okay?
What other forms of proof could I get? (Birth certificate etc..)
No, because you don't have to be a USC to be a biological parent and having been born in the US, your wife is a US Citizen regardless of the status of her parents. Think of the many foreigners who come to the US while in their third trimester to give birth so that their child is a US Citizen.

An out of date passport is fine. Their original birth certificate is also good.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

Nope! You'll need a copy of his US birth certificate or a copy of his US passport.

Yes - because even an expired passport is proof of citizenship.

Ian