Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa dispatch - DX Group - Documents stolen?

Visa dispatch - DX Group - Documents stolen?

Old Sep 1st 2017, 4:30 pm
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of
Default Visa dispatch - DX Group - Documents stolen?

Hi all,

Apologies for the influx of recent threads, but they do all pertain to separate issues, and this one... well, let's say I'm finding it hard to restrict my use of profanity.

My visa was approved and as I believe is the usual scenario, my documents (expecting my passport + the brown envelope to hand over at POE) was dispatched yesterday for delivery today via DX Group, the courier that I paid for prior to attending the interview.

Luckily I work from home, so I've been home all day (giddily) waiting for it to arrive, and checking the tracking website a number of times throughout the day.

To my surprise, checking it about an hour ago (and wondering "hmm, I wonder if they'll miss today and it'll turn up on Monday"), it's marked as "Delivered and signed for at 16:02".

Cue panic. As said, I've been home all day and it most certainly has not been delivered, nor has an attempt been made.

I frantically called DX group who claim that it has been signed for and somebody showed my driver's license to claim it. TRIPE! They said they can't help me any further, refused to contact the driver who allegedly delivered it, and said that the only way to progress is to contact "US Visas" (they couldn't provide me a contact number) to open an investigation.

Again, more panic, as this is totally unhelpful as this isn't a clear path to me being able to understand where these important documents have actually ended up.

So, I've called the US embassy in London, wherein a kind receptionist guided me to the "Immigrant visa contact form", and I've put a query in there. But is there any other way, where I could possibly speak to someone about this? I fear my (emergency - at least in my eyes) query is just going to be sitting in a queue for days...

-- FYI - we don't have any immediate travel booked, we didn't make that mistake - but this is still a very worrying situation...

Last edited by Katdog; Sep 1st 2017 at 4:33 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa dispatch - DX Group - Documents stolen?

Did you speak to a high level manager at DX? This is their problem, not the embassy. The embassy did their part. If DX misdelivered, that's on them. I'd follow up with them again and ask to see proof of delivery...address, time, who signed, etc.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2017, 4:43 pm
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you speak to a high level manager at DX? This is their problem, not the embassy. The embassy did their part. If DX misdelivered, that's on them. I'd follow up with them again and ask to see proof of delivery...address, time, who signed, etc.

Rene

The rep on the phone just said "Sorry we have a contract, this is just a call centre, you need to get 'London Visas' to open an investigation" and wouldn't help any further.

I've just tweeted DX Group and they've replied, but I don't know how much difference a tweet conversation will make.

I'll give them another call and demand to speak to a manager, maybe that will get somewhere.

EDIT: Call centre is closed, can't get in touch with them any further until Monday I presume...

Last edited by Katdog; Sep 1st 2017 at 4:54 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

You have checked your doorstep/mailbox etc haven't you? It wouldn't be the first time they had just left it; they did for me one time.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 5:01 pm
UK->US

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
You have checked your doorstep/mailbox etc haven't you? It wouldn't be the first time they had just left it; they did for me one time.
Yep, places we've checked:
  • Inside the house (in case they posted it)
  • In our neighbour's post box on the outside of the house
  • Inside both of our wheelie bins
  • Inside our unused food waste bin
  • With downstairs neighbour
  • Both neighbours either side

Old Sep 1st 2017, 5:50 pm
UK->US

OK - CRISIS OVER!

The DX courier had thrown it (YES THROWN IT) through the open kitchen window of one of my neighbours, who just got home from work.

UN BELIEVABLE

Old Sep 1st 2017, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katdog
OK - CRISIS OVER!

The DX courier had thrown it (YES THROWN IT) through the open kitchen window of one of my neighbours, who just got home from work.

UN BELIEVABLE

So pleased that you found it.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

OK - CRISIS OVER!

UN BELIEVABLE

OK that is an absolutely massive WTF. I would follow this up.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad this has been resolved!

I strongly suggest you not only contact the DX manager with information that specifically refutes the story you were given - and request proof of a reprimand, but also contact your local media and let them know what's going on. This sort of shit shouldn't be happening.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Im so glad you have it, when my documents were delivered a month and a half ago I was handed my envelope and asked if they wanted to see my ID he said no and just left! I thought then what a massive security issue this was.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 1:18 pm
UK->US

Thanks for the kind words everyone, we were really worried there for a moment.

I'll definitely be following this up with a complaint to DX group.

For anyone reading this in future: based on this experience, I'd recommend avoiding the courier-to-home service and, instead, choose to have your documents dispatched one of the "secure drop" locations offered.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

That's quite shocking, especially as DX (meaning "Document eXchange") was originally set up as a secure courier service for sending legal documents between lawyers. I dare say it's something the legal trade press would be interested in covering.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the kind words everyone, we were really worried there for a moment.

I'll definitely be following this up with a complaint to DX group.

For anyone reading this in future: based on this experience, I'd recommend avoiding the courier-to-home service and, instead, choose to have your documents dispatched one of the "secure drop" locations offered.
I suggest you complain to the embassy as well, since they contract to use this service.

Mine was left on my doorstep and I was home at the time. Definitely no signature. I complained to DX and the embassy and heard nothing from either!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read this thread with disbelief. I had to have a look at their customer services on Twitter and it appears that they are notorious for handling and delivering sensitive documents poorly: https://twitter.com/DXdelivery/with_replies

I'm stunned that an embassy would continue to use them knowing their reputation. I'm guessing they must be cheap to hire?!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:44 pm
UK->US

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
I've read this thread with disbelief. I had to have a look at their customer services on Twitter and it appears that they are notorious for handling and delivering sensitive documents poorly: https://twitter.com/DXdelivery/with_replies

I'm stunned that an embassy would continue to use them knowing their reputation. I'm guessing they must be cheap to hire?!
When I complained to them on twitter, I noticed that they had a number of people enquiring about the delivery of their UK passports -- so, I think the UK gov must use them as well.

I don't have much faith that I'll be listened to by management at DX. I guess we can only hope the embassy sees enough complaints to make a change.

If anyone has any media/press contacts please feel free to send them along this thread. Still in disbelief.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.