Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Administrative Processing Updates ?

Visa Administrative Processing Updates ?

Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Administrative Processing Updates ?

Had my interview last week at the US embassy. Thought we knew how to fill in the i864 and therefore didnt refer to the instruction sheet!!

Obviously a big mistake as i took no evidence of assets. We do have two sources. Our UK house on its own takes us over the asset requirements fairly easily. So i submitted within hours of the inteview an official estate agent valuation, its value on Zoopla and our mortgage statement. we also have equity in our US condo, so sent mortgage statement, but a Zillow and Realtor estimate of value.

Was advised to send by email, which we did and got a reciept notification.

Visa Status Check went to "Visa Adminstrative Processing"

Today its still showing that, but the date has updated.

1. When would this status change and what should i be hoping to see ?
2. If they are still not happy with the evidence i guess they write to me ?
3. The website and guy that interviewed me said it should be a couple of weeks. So not losing too much sleep yet. They do have my passport, so hoping not too long, although I have a second passport issued by the UK government (been selling in the middle east and for some reason they dont like each other). Travelling to the USA on that this weekend and VWP! Hope they let me in. Attending an expo.

Obviously keen to know its rubber stamped.

Cheers
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Administrative Processing Updates ?

It's a good thing that your status went to administrative processing!

1. I think the next status update is when they dispatch your passport back via courier. The date updates when someone accesses your file to work on it.
2. Yes
3. You have 2 UK passports?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Yes two UK passports.

I cant remember which was the driver but i went to either dubai selling equipment and then wanted to go to Israel and was advised to get a second passport. If you are travelling to many countries that need visa approvals then you can get a second passport with a letter from your employer supporting it.

The chip in one of my passports stopped working so it was usefull then as well. With the amount of travelling I do and items Ive lost I still cant beleive ive never lost one
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also currently waiting for my passport with visa to be returned after my IR-1 application was approved in interview last week. I just realised that the London embassy was closed on Monday 9th for Columbus Day, so everything will have shifted back by one day in terms of their workload. Hopefully not too much longer to wait in either of our cases, I too am parked at "Administrative Processing" for now.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

So as Tom correctly stated the process seems to update when someone works on the file. So the dates on mine changed on the 6th and then today the 11th. Now some 3 hours later actual status has changed to issued

At least i dont need to tell my boss I didnt get a visa and he shouldnt of given me the job over there My wife will still remind me this is all down to her being a USC
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chins
Update:

So as Tom correctly stated the process seems to update when someone works on the file. So the dates on mine changed on the 6th and then today the 11th. Now some 3 hours later actual status has changed to issued

At least i dont need to tell my boss I didnt get a visa and he shouldnt of given me the job over there My wife will still remind me this is all down to her being a USC
Congratulations
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks