Vaccination Record

Old Nov 28th 2017, 7:42 am
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Vaccination Record

Hi guys.

Firstly, apologies if this is something that has been covered numerous times before. I've had a search through previous posts and couldn't find anything specific.

I have now picked up my medical records, which list all of my vaccinations I have had throughout my younger years. My question in, how up to date do these need to be? I believe that some of these need boosters every 10 years, my last vaccination was back in 2000. Will I need to top these up? (I hate needles)

I've had vaccines for everything that Knightsbridge require, but they appear to be out of date.

Thank you as always for any help or advice you can give.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Record

Originally Posted by Jamackabi
Hi guys.

Firstly, apologies if this is something that has been covered numerous times before. I've had a search through previous posts and couldn't find anything specific.

I have now picked up my medical records, which list all of my vaccinations I have had throughout my younger years. My question in, how up to date do these need to be? I believe that some of these need boosters every 10 years, my last vaccination was back in 2000. Will I need to top these up? (I hate needles)

I've had vaccines for everything that Knightsbridge require, but they appear to be out of date.

Thank you as always for any help or advice you can give.

Would your GP (I assume where you picked the records up from) not be able to tell you if any need more vaccinations?

If you're not particularly concerned about spending the money then just go to the medical and have them done there - that's what I did purely to save hassle even if though it cost a little bit.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:53 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Would your GP (I assume where you picked the records up from) not be able to tell you if any need more vaccinations?

If you're not particularly concerned about spending the money then just go to the medical and have them done there - that's what I did purely to save hassle even if though it cost a little bit.
I mean, I could ask, but I'm not sure if they are aware or remotely interested in the requirements for U.S immigration. If I was due boosters, you'd think they would have already said something? I'm happy to get boosters if needed, and would rather get them done by my GP to save money. Just wondered what other people have experienced.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I could ask, but I'm not sure if they are aware or remotely interested in the requirements for U.S immigration. If I was due boosters, you'd think they would have already said something? I'm happy to get boosters if needed, and would rather get them done by my GP to save money. Just wondered what other people have experienced.
With respect, Ben has been through the process and so that's what he experienced.

What I did was take the printed out vaccination requirement list to my GP and asked them to give me whatever I needed.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:06 pm
JJ123

Originally Posted by tom169
With respect, Ben has been through the process and so that's what he experienced.

What I did was take the printed out vaccination requirement list to my GP and asked them to give me whatever I needed.
Not questioning what anyone has been through, I'm happy to hear all experiences.

I think presenting the list of vaccines required to my GP is a good shout. Thank you.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you had just made a request for the list and didn't have a medical appointment, not surprised that they didn't tell you about needing updated jabs. Did you get your medical summary, as well?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...2017-a-896358/
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:22 pm
JJ123

Originally Posted by Rete
If you had just made a request for the list and didn't have a medical appointment, not surprised that they didn't tell you about needing updated jabs. Did you get your medical summary, as well?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...2017-a-896358/
I'm likely to finish the whole Visa process twice over before being granted a doctors appointment at my local practice! Their booking system is ridiculous. You're correct, I just asked for my records rather than actually sitting down with my GP and discussing what I needed them for.

In regards to medical summary, my medical records are fairly comprehensive. They included a covering letter which listed any previous treatment I had received and also that I had no ongoing treatments. It's as close to a medical summary as you'll get, without being called as much.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I, too hate needles. I have to have lab test performed on a regular basis (at one point weekly, then monthly, now every six months). I've worked out a routine where I close my eyes and carry on on how I hate needles, I might faint, etc etc. The tech will then interrupt to say "all done."

For health reasons, get them updated irregardless of immigration.

Addendum-once in the US, many of the standard jabs (e.g. annual flu shot) need no longer be done in the doctor's office. They can be done at most pharmacies.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Nov 28th 2017 at 3:50 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Addendum-once in the US, many of the standard jabs (e.g. annual flu shot) need no longer be done in the doctor's office. They can be done at most pharmacies.
Which means most large grocery stores.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Which means most large grocery stores.

Got mine done at Target!
Old Nov 28th 2017, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Not questioning what anyone has been through, I'm happy to hear all experiences.

I think presenting the list of vaccines required to my GP is a good shout. Thank you.
I couldnt find any vacination records so started from scratch the other month.
The PIA was the MMR as that needs 2 jabs 4 weeks apart.
Had to have the FLU one due to the time of year and the Tetnus one (not due to time of year )
All done for free and none of them hurt.

Sounds like you are ahead of me.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

My vaccination record printed out from my doctors surgery didn't show anything past 2001 (when I turned 18), even though I know I had a meningitis vaccination after that time. I went to the appointment at Knightsbridge Doctors armed with this printout and the only extra shot they gave me on the day was MMR (measles, mumps & rubella). Interestingly, this is a two-stage shot. The first they can give you at Knightsbridge, the second you are supposed to get a month later at your own doctors (they give you a record to take with you). But for purposes of US immigration (and to get your all-clear on the medical) you just need to have the first shot.

I think you may also need a chickenpox shot if you answer that you have not previously had chickenpox - I answered in the affirmative and no shot was given.

I should add that the MMR shot I received at the Knightsbridge Doctors involved only a small needle and was quite painless.

Last edited by LandOfLincoln; Nov 28th 2017 at 11:31 pm. Reason: Updating with details of MMR vaccination
Old Nov 28th 2017, 11:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LandOfLincoln
My vaccination record printed out from my doctors surgery didn't show anything past 2001 (when I turned 18), even though I know I had a meningitis vaccination after that time. I went to the appointment at Knightsbridge Doctors armed with this printout and the only extra shot they gave me on the day was MMR (measles, mumps & rubella). Interestingly, this is a two-stage shot. The first they can give you at Knightsbridge, the second you are supposed to get a month later at your own doctors (they give you a record to take with you). But for purposes of US immigration (and to get your all-clear on the medical) you just need to have the first shot.

I think you may also need a chickenpox shot if you answer that you have not previously had chickenpox - I answered in the affirmative and no shot was given.

I should add that the MMR shot I received at the Knightsbridge Doctors involved only a small needle and was quite painless.
I believe since the pox vaccine is not customarily given to children in the UK, it is not a requirement for the medical.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I believe since the pox vaccine is not customarily given to children in the UK, it is not a requirement for the medical.
That makes sense - I guess that would also explain the 212(g)(2)(B) annotation in my IR-1 visa.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Laurenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, just thought I’d chime in as I had exactly this (this week actually).

I had my vacc record, nothing shown past 2008. Although I had all the listed vaccs, at the Knightsbridge appt they told me I needed three, but because I had a bit of a gap before my interview were kind enough to tell me I could go to my GP and email over proof.

My last TDaP booster was 11 years ago and I had never had the flu jab. I also had an incomplete record not showing my second MMR, but luckily was able to dig up further info on that. As a result I just had two injections today at my GP (free), which is much preferable to 3 injections at KD for £132 (especially as I too hate needles 😫).

24/11 - Knightsbridge medical
27/11 - emailed proof for MMR
29/11 - had TDaP and flu at GP
8/12 - interview date

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.