Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS Processing Time Information

USCIS Processing Time Information

Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS Processing Time Information

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when the online USCIS Processing Time Information is updated as it's normally around the 15th of every month... I'm thinking the Service Centres may have closed for Christmas??

Any input would be appreciated.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 2:38 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS Processing Time Information

Despite it saying it updates on the on or around 15th, it never does. Sporadic at best
Old Dec 20th 2017, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's random as anything, I don't think I've ever noticed it update on the 15th. It updated once on the 4th...
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Also to be taken with an absolute pinch of salt (or none at all).

My I-485 was sent in December and adjudicated whilst it says they are processing February
Old Dec 20th 2017, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

I often found it would skip a month altogether. Fingers crossed for an update in January for you!
Old Dec 21st 2017, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response... It doesn't look like it's gonna get updated this side of Christmas, I will try not to think about it too much
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take this the wrong way but it should revert back to the way it was in the late 90's and early 00's. Not electronic updating available. You people are so hung up on having to know, right this very minute, exactly what is happening that you seem to do nothing but worry, worry, worry.

Ben is having a taste of what it was like back then with having to wait for over a year for AOS and he is handling it quite well.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Don't take this the wrong way but it should revert back to the way it was in the late 90's and early 00's. Not electronic updating available. You people are so hung up on having to know, right this very minute, exactly what is happening that you seem to do nothing but worry, worry, worry.

Ben is having a taste of what it was like back then with having to wait for over a year for AOS and he is handling it quite well.
You're right Rete I am worrying... Ben is lucky, he's in the US. I'm having to wait here in the UK with no guarantee after this nightmare I will actually get to be with my wife... We filed the I-130 last January and still nowhere near getting our documents to the NVC, our life's are on hold as everything is temporary and money is running out fast.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
You're right Rete I am worrying... Ben is lucky, he's in the US. I'm having to wait here in the UK with no guarantee after this nightmare I will actually get to be with my wife... We filed the I-130 last January and still nowhere near getting our documents to the NVC, our life's are on hold as everything is temporary and money is running out fast.
Why is life on hold? You quit your job?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Why is life on hold? You quit your job?
I'm working in a temporary job / role and earning a third of what I was previously making, there no point looking for another job now as I could be with my wife in the next 6-8 months.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks, I grant you that. I don't know the circumstances of your employment. Whether you had a well paying job before your marriage and quit it in anticipation of coming to the US quickly or just was muddling along thinking it would be a quick turn around.

If you are no where near the NVC stage, then you are still looking at another 6 to 10 months of wait time. Why not take gainful employment now. The idea of having to give a month's notice to end employment seems so strange. But that is the custom in the UK so guess that is what you are use to. However, you will have time to give a month's notice so honestly, where is the problem.

Does your wife work? Can't she help support you? Has she reached out to a political aide for assistance in tracking down the I-130? How proactive has she been about all of this.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
I'm having to wait here in the UK with no guarantee after this nightmare I will actually get to be with my wife....
Of course there's never a guarantee, but unless you have a terrible criminal history (i.e. drugs or murder), a ban from entering the USA at all, a contagious disease, or lack of a financial sponsor, you will get your immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Of course there's never a guarantee, but unless you have a terrible criminal history (i.e. drugs or murder), a ban from entering the USA at all, a contagious disease, or lack of a financial sponsor, you will get your immigrant visa.

Rene

Rene is correct. Perhaps because I've been around this for over 20 years, I find it difficult to understand why someone whose background is blemish free and in good health worries that they will be denied a family based visa. Why do you all think the USCIS are such ogres that there are hidden rules or henchmen just waiting to plunge a knife into your heart and/or stamp your petitions with a big red DENIED !

Why are people today so pessimistic rather an upbeat. Life is hard but it isn't that hard for those that are members on these forums.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have her contact a congressperson.

I've now worked with two different offices and both times they helped - one Republican and one Democrat.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the apprehension and impatience. Having to wait 11-and-counting months for a process that, more often than not, is described as a 4-6 month venture, can be disheartening when you're months, miles and lots of money away from your partner, with whom time spent is often rare and precious.

I, too, felt a bit 'on hold' or in limbo during the final six months of my CR-1 journey, especially. I was very fortunate to find a temporary job that lined up perfectly, timing-wise, so I was able to earn a bit of extra money and not be sat twiddling my thumbs, and had no concerns regarding handing in notice or similar. But it didn't take away the feeling of everything being temporary and sadly, therefore, in its own way, a little bit futile (which is a matter of personal perspective, of course). All BigT103 wants is to be where he feels his new life is waiting for him. I get that.

That being said, I do understand Rete's point, too - this generation of CR-1ers is both blessed and cursed by the instantaneous nature of the Internet, which we've become accustomed to and which spoils us in many regards. We're not used to blissful ignorance anymore and we've forgotten how to be patient without going mad for more information.

Good luck on the rest of your journey, BigT103. This is the worst part - as soon as your documents reach the NVC, things will move a lot quicker and feel a lot less horrid.