Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS posted processing times

USCIS posted processing times

Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS posted processing times

Anybody got any idea what's going on with USCIS' posted processing times?

I know they're not super accurate sometimes, but the last update (which covered two months) the Philadelphia field office only moved by about 10 days. So I figured the next update we may see more of a jump, but today they updated from the 31st October 2017 to as of November 30th 2017 and the Philadelphia field office (and others) only moved 3 days.

I know AOS takes a while, but at this rate it could be years before we hear anything. They've moved (according to their posted times) less than two weeks in three months.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS posted processing times

Welcome to regression. Back in 1998 we filed in October 1998 and we didn't have our interview until the year 2001. And we were not alone in that timeframe.

It takes as long as it takes. At least you should have your EAD and AP by now and that is all you need to live, work and travel while in the US waiting.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Welcome to regression. Back in 1998 we filed in October 1998 and we didn't have our interview until the year 2001. And we were not alone in that timeframe.

It takes as long as it takes. At least you should have your EAD and AP by now and that is all you need to live, work and travel while in the US waiting.
Yep got EAD/AP - I just wish there was a bit more transparency with it to be honest. I suppose the benefits to not having your interview until two years after filing is that you get the 10 year Green Card! lol
Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
Yep got EAD/AP - I just wish there was a bit more transparency with it to be honest. I suppose the benefits to not having your interview until two years after filing is that you get the 10 year Green Card! lol
We didn't have the transparency that you all have at the moment. There was no 1-800 number to call or an internet website designed to show updates or provide you with personal notifications.

For us, AOS was 21 months before the full 2 years of our marriage and we still had to wait to remove conditions. At least the timeline for naturalization started with the approved AOS and removal of conditions was approved 3 weeks before naturalization took place.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:37 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
We didn't have the transparency that you all have at the moment. There was no 1-800 number to call or an internet website designed to show updates or provide you with personal notifications.

For us, AOS was 21 months before the full 2 years of our marriage and we still had to wait to remove conditions. At least the timeline for naturalization started with the approved AOS and removal of conditions was approved 3 weeks before naturalization took place.
Sometimes I wonder if the opacity wasn't better than the posted "information" which leads to false expectations.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Sometimes I wonder if the opacity wasn't better than the posted "information" which leads to false expectations.
Having dealt with both, one as a first hand experience and the other as a voyager, I prefer the old way.

We've entered the age of instant communication and gratification which leads to an entirely new set of frustrations while the system's methods are still processing in the older method.

For instance, people are urged to call the NVC for their LND#'s so it can be put on documents and yet it doesn't speed up the processing of their petitions. Just adds another level of frustration.

But the new methods will one day be perfected and today's users will lament, as I do, how we walked five miles in snow up hill to get our visas.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a similar thing to the case tracker, absolute crap.

I have my interview scheduled now and yet my case status still says awaiting scheduling. I believe others on here have also posted that their case status never changed during certain processes.

I take it with a pinch of salt that the processing time page is about as useful as the case status tool.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenK91
It's a similar thing to the case tracker, absolute crap.

I have my interview scheduled now and yet my case status still says awaiting scheduling. I believe others on here have also posted that their case status never changed during certain processes.

I take it with a pinch of salt that the processing time page is about as useful as the case status tool.
It's an interesting thing because I've heard that some people, similar to you, got their interview notice without anything updating - and they missed the letter, or the letter never reached it's destination. In that instance what happens? Something that is out of your control, and really slipped through the net because USCIS' online tools don't work properly.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's an interesting thing because I've heard that some people, similar to you, got their interview notice without anything updating - and they missed the letter, or the letter never reached it's destination. In that instance what happens? Something that is out of your control, and really slipped through the net because USCIS' online tools don't work properly.
I know what you're saying, it's a tricky thing to keep on top of. Especially if you don't receive a notice in the mail etc. I guess it's a case of covering all bases, signing up to USPS informed delivery (fantastic advice from Tom169 and others) and also making the occasional service request or contact your local Congressman if you feel like you're case is out of processing times (I think a year is the minimum?)
Old Jan 30th 2018, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know what you're saying, it's a tricky thing to keep on top of. Especially if you don't receive a notice in the mail etc. I guess it's a case of covering all bases, signing up to USPS informed delivery (fantastic advice from Tom169 and others) and also making the occasional service request or contact your local Congressman if you feel like you're case is out of processing times (I think a year is the minimum?)
Yeah I've signed up for USPS informed delivery as well. To be honest I have nothing to grumble about yet as it's only been seven months or so since we filed, I think when I saw that the Philly field office only moved 3 days in 1 month according to their posted processing times I just got a little disheartened.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I've signed up for USPS informed delivery as well. To be honest I have nothing to grumble about yet as it's only been seven months or so since we filed, I think when I saw that the Philly field office only moved 3 days in 1 month according to their posted processing times I just got a little disheartened.
I wouldn't trust those times at all, it's also worth noting the dates are as of November 30th, so in essence they're nearly 2 months further along in their workload than those dates are showing (not saying two months ahead but you know what I'm saying)
Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wouldn't trust those times at all, it's also worth noting the dates are as of November 30th, so in essence they're nearly 2 months further along in their workload than those dates are showing (not saying two months ahead but you know what I'm saying)
Oh good they'll be six days on!

Yeah I know what you're saying, I think I'll give it another month or so and start making inquiries.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh good they'll be six days on!

Yeah I know what you're saying, I think I'll give it another month or so and start making inquiries.
I guess the thing to keep you going is once your AOS is complete, you won't have to deal with USCIS for near as makes no difference two years. That's what has gotten me through it!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess the thing to keep you going is once your AOS is complete, you won't have to deal with USCIS for near as makes no difference two years. That's what has gotten me through it!
That's for sure! Just gotta keep powering on. Get it out of my mind somehow!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

EdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond repute

At least they have processing times for that. The one for Potomac Service Center seems to have lost half the information on it. There is no I-130 processing dates at all for them now unlike the other service centers so I have no idea what's happening with mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.