Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS investigation and third party processing predictions.

USCIS investigation and third party processing predictions.

Old Sep 28th 2016, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

KinderGreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USCIS investigation and third party processing predictions.

Hello British Expats.

My Fiancé and I have a priority date of the 11th July and are still yet to receive our NOA2. I understand from long time lurking on here that this is a normal/average processing speed.

However, I have been tracking our times through;

K1 Fiance Visa Historical Processing Times

Does anyone have anything to say about the accuracy of these times?

Secondly, my fiancé was listening to NPR the other day and mentioned something about an investigation going on at the USCIS office in Dallas, where apparently they processing several applications for citizenship incorrectly so now they are auditing every visa petition that's been through there this year. Does anyone have the inside scoop on this.

I am not panicking as I know this whole process is a big old waiting game, I just wondered if anyone on here knows any more information about the above subjects.

Thank you,

KindGreg
Old Sep 28th 2016, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS investigation and third party processing predictions.

Originally Posted by KinderGreg
Does anyone have anything to say about the accuracy of these times?
I'll say this... regardless of the times posted by other people, there is no correlation between that and your own timeline.

... so now they are auditing every visa petition that's been through there this year.
They're certainly reviewing those 858 citizenship applications... but that's the extent of the investigation.

I am not panicking as I know this whole process is a big old waiting game...
Immigration is a 2-step process. Each step takes about 4-5 months. So, if the I-129F was submitted in July, you still have another month or two before you get notice that it has been approved.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 28th 2016 at 12:44 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your post Ian.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Also remember your I-129F is not a visa petition. The actual visa petition is at the US Consulate abroad that your fiancée is responsible for. What the I-129F only provides the validity of the relationship that allows him/her to apply for the actual visa.

Also when viewing the historical timelines, they vary from year to year due to many reasons. For example, the service center might be dealing with an over abundance of naturalization applications and when these things happen, officers are pulled off of other types of applications to help clear the overload. It is as Ian said, your timeline is yours and you can only use the historical timelines as a guideline not as an absolute.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 29th 2016 at 7:42 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 7:00 am
Just Joined

That's great. Thank you Rete. A quick side question - is there anything we can do to be prepared for the next phase of the process?
Old Sep 30th 2016, 11:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... is there anything we can do to be prepared for the next phase of the process?
If you haven't already seen it, you might want to take a look at our K-1 wiki.

Ian
Old Sep 30th 2016, 12:01 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great. Thank you Rete. A quick side question - is there anything we can do to be prepared for the next phase of the process?
Get your UK police Certificate on order and any other police Certificates if you've lived outside the UK from 16+
Old Sep 30th 2016, 12:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Have the USC look at the I-134 and start getting tax returns and financial evidence together.

Rene