Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update - CR-1 'Ready for interview'

Update - CR-1 'Ready for interview'

Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update - CR-1 'Ready for interview'

At least someone replying back kinda put the human element into this suspense of an experience which I don't wish on anyone. I have received the following response from the embassy enquiry form online..

I have asked an update on my case and this ...

'To confirm, your application remains pending receipt an English translation of the baptismal certificate and school certificates.

Sincerely,'

Then I replied back immediately for clarification

'Hello there, I have enquired about the status of my case and I have received the response below.

'To confirm, your application remains pending receipt an English translation of the baptismal certificate and school certificates'

I just want to clarify if you are waiting from me to provide you with the translated documents or you are getting it done at the embassy. Because I have not received instructions from you to do so and the originals of those documents are with yourselves.

Many thanks indeed.'

Then I got another reply

'To confirm, you will be required to obtain and submit translations of the documents.'

I have asked back if I could get the originals back and when, also if there is anything else is outstanding I should be aware of, waiting ...

It's very strange because I was not asked or contacted for to provide anything additional and a couple of my documents are in English anyway. I did provide more documents than I was asked for and delayed the process for myself.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Update - CR-1 'Ready for interview'

another question, is there an official US embassy translation service I should take my documents to?
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by red_onion
another question, is there an official US embassy translation service I should take my documents to?
No. In fact, you can do the translation yourself. Do a search for the term "magic language" in this forum to see how to make it official. So you're saying those other 2 documents were not in English?

Good lessons to be learned here. 1) don't send more than what's required. 2) always keep a photocopy of everything for your own records.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rene, everything else apart from the two school certificates and Baptism certificate is in English and ironically I was not asked to provide them. The official at the embassy asked why I got birth certificate which is issues in 2017 and I had to explain that I lost the original, but the baptism certificate has always been with me hence sent. Wish I kept the copy. How would I be able to get a translation done and make it official to be sent to the embassy? and would it not delay the whole process again if I have to receive the docs and sent them back again etc?

Last edited by red_onion; Nov 9th 2017 at 4:20 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, you can do the translation yourself (you will need to look at either the original document or a photocopy of it). Write the translation to English and at the end, use the "magic language" blurb that you will find by searching this forum.

I dont understand why you would include documents that were not required, and if they were not in English, why you wouldn't have included a translation. Also don't understand why you don't have a photocopy of all this for yourself.

Also, you said the RFE was just for the marriage certificate, right? Not for the non-English documents?

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 9th 2017 at 4:38 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

That's most definitely a big lesson for me to take from this Rene. I will have to dig out some old backup somewhere if I have kept a scanned copy and do the 'magic language' at the bottom.

Do you think I can email the translated document to them instead by post?

Last edited by red_onion; Nov 9th 2017 at 4:47 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by

Also, you said the RFE was just for the marriage certificate, right? Not for the non-English documents?

Rene
Oh no, the RFE is for baptism certificate. We got married in Virginia and everything is ok. Translation is for a couple of school certificates which they didn't ask for and baptism certificate which I said I had at the time of the interview which are non-English. The official at the interview made a big issue about not knowing my 'identity' prior to living in the UK despite my birth certificate which is in English, this was me going the extra mile 'proving' who I am!

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 10th 2017 at 3:53 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 3:53 pm

That's most definitely a big lesson for me to take from this Rene. I will have to dig out some old backup somewhere if I have kept a scanned copy and do the 'magic language' at the bottom.

No.

Rene
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say you need to submit the translations via courier.

At my interview I was told I needed to submit further evidence. The interviewing officer told me I could submit it via email. I did that.

A few days later I got another RFE which I also submitted via email, only to realise about ten days later (after hearing nothing back) that it needed to be submitted via DX.

One week after that was done my status changed to 'issued'. I'm now waiting to get my passport back.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Got an update, this was after sending the translation docs via email. i guess this is the admin processing bit...

Thank you for your inquiry.

We can confirm receipt of your documentation. Embassy records show that your application remains under review at this time. There is no set period of time that a review may take as it varies in each and every case. This is one reason why we advise all applicants against booking tickets, resigning from employment or relinquishing property unless they have received their passport containing a valid U.S. visa appropriate for their purpose of travel.

There is no mechanism for routine status updates while the review of your application is underway. You can expect to be notified as soon as the review of your application is complete and the outcome of your case is known. Please ensure your email address is up-to-date on your Visa Appointment Service account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/users/sign_in.

Last edited by red_onion; Nov 15th 2017 at 10:37 am.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Well at least you know it is definitely there and is within the processing 'machine'. Fingers crossed for you that it moves along speedily and you hear some good news back soon.

FWIW, they received my last bit of correspondence on the 8th (last Wednesday) and my CEAC status changed to issued on the 13th (Monday). So it can happen quite quickly. Good luck!
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sean, fingers crossed!! My CEAC is stack on ready for interview Congratulations to you mate!
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sean, fingers crossed!! My CEAC is stack on ready for interview Congratulations to you mate!
Mine was too, despite updates and the fact my interview was on October 10th! Changed directly from 'ready' to 'issued' overnight.

Thansk very much mate. Just received notice that my passport should be ready to collect tomorrow.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Awesome stuff!! Yeah, mine was on 20th.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

update on my fast developing CR-1 story

I have just received the below email from Yatri:

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).

Applicant Status
"me": Needs Follow-Up Documents
Consular Section Comments:

translation of baptsimal certificate and school documents

Best regards,

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

This is despite the fact that the consular section confirmed that they have received the translated documents via email, see above.

What do I do? Shall I just ignore this or email them the hard copy via DX?

thanks

and CEAS now is changed from Ready to Administrative Processing!

Last edited by red_onion; Nov 15th 2017 at 2:30 pm.