Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

unmarried partners visa

unmarried partners visa

Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

superstar323232 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post unmarried partners visa

im irish and i met my south african boyfriend in the isle of man, we lived there for a year and then south africa for a year although i did make trips back and forth in south africa due to family issues! anyway we want to apply for unmarried spouse visa but we have no bank statements or any doccumnetation linking us both to the same addresses! IN ISLE OF man its just my bank statements as he never redirected his bank statments when he moved in with me, in south africa i have nothing linking me there except reference from landlords, how hard is it to do this spouse visa? all we have is cards, emails ( from when we were apart) photos , are we on to a lost cause or what??? would love any advice, thanks a million!! sorry forgot to say we are looking to go back to the isle of man but I am now back in ireland!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: unmarried partners visa

Originally Posted by superstar323232
im irish and i met my south african boyfriend in the isle of man, we lived there for a year and then south africa for a year although i did make trips back and forth in south africa due to family issues! anyway we want to apply for unmarried spouse visa but we have no bank statements or any doccumnetation linking us both to the same addresses! IN ISLE OF man its just my bank statements as he never redirected his bank statments when he moved in with me, in south africa i have nothing linking me there except reference from landlords, how hard is it to do this spouse visa? all we have is cards, emails ( from when we were apart) photos , are we on to a lost cause or what??? would love any advice, thanks a million!! sorry forgot to say we are looking to go back to the isle of man but I am now back in ireland!
Start at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk however bear in mind that:

- he may need a slightly different visa for the Isle of Man
- even with a visa, he may need an Isle of Man work permit

Evidence of 2 years cohabitation is required for an unmarried partner visa.

Has your partner got an entitlement for any other UK visa, eg the Ancestry Visa?