Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

UK to the USA (direct consular filing)

UK to the USA (direct consular filing)

Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to the USA (direct consular filing)

They don't need your full medical records nor do they need your vaccination records. Having the record is for your convenience to show that you are up-to-date on vaccinations. Without it, Knightsbridge would want to give you the ones that would bring you current. Another poster replied which ones those were.

The Knightsbridge doctor takes into account your age and where you were brought up to determine which vaccinations you have had as a child. I doubt that the vaccination slip from the panel doctor in Ontario, Canada which was given to my husband back in 1998 is still available in the search function. It clearly stated on that form that the vaccinations and which were age appropriate and which were required as an adult and which were given as a child.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again guys! You are amazing honestly. I feel so much less anxious now.

Also one more question that came into my head at the weekend..

Hubby will file his taxes in the next few weeks for 2015 and 2016 - do we need to wait until this is done to file the petition or just ensure its done before the interview as I'll need to take 2014, 2015 and 2016 with me alongside his I-864?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No need to wait. File the I-130 now. The tax returns will go with you to the interview.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2017, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks honey!

Just booked an appt next week Tuesday for my baby girls registration of birth at the embassy! Lets start this process and get going! So exciting x
Old Apr 26th 2017, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Me again!

Sooooo.. I can see that we can only pay by card for the I-130 if its a credit card?
I don't have a credit card..

I know we can do a foreign draft but how long does that take a bank to provide and is it at a cost?

Could I use my mums credit card if she signs the form? lol..

Trying to think of my other options
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Double check this. I thought they have done away with the use of credit cards for payment.

I double checked it ... Post #6 on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...ethods-891740/

Last edited by Rete; Apr 26th 2017 at 4:23 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have a credit card either, so ordered foreign bank draft. Most banks do them, costs vary but both our banks wanted £20 and took around 3 business days to arrive (Natwest, you can order online).
Old Apr 26th 2017, 7:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viitav
.... I know we can do a foreign draft but how long does that take a bank to provide and is it at a cost? .....
Probably straight over the counter, i.e. immediately, if you visit a branch. The price may depend on the sort of account you have, so somewhere between free and maybe £25.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

I'll talk a little walk to Lloyds in Canary Wharf at lunch and ask them if they do it..

It seems that someone ordered one with Lloyds recently so shouldn't be a issue.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

UKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud ofUKC90 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
Double check this. I thought they have done away with the use of credit cards for payment.

I double checked it ... Post #6 on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...ethods-891740/
The Embassy realised that removing the Credit Card option wasn't a great idea and reinstated the credit card payment method shortly after I submitted my I-130..!

You need to fill out a DHS form with your CC details. Find the link here.

"Forms of Payment
The ONLY acceptable forms of payment:

Credit Card using Department of Homeland Security Credit Card Payment Form
U.S. Bank Cashier’s checks;
US Bank or U.S. Postal money order;
International bank draft in United States dollars
All checks must be made out to: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY."
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

So I spoke to Lloyds.. They mentioned that it can take up to 8 weeks for the draft to be credited once banked? Has anyone experienced a delay like this?

Otherwise does anyone know if the credit card had to be in my husband or mines name? If its my mother and she signs the paperwork would that work?
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The credit card can be anyone's.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viitav
So I spoke to Lloyds.. They mentioned that it can take up to 8 weeks for the draft to be credited once banked? Has anyone experienced a delay like this? ....
They're talking bo11ocks. The whole point of a foreign currency draft is that it is drawn on an account in the country where the currency is from - so a USD draft will be drawn on a US bank (almost certainly in NYC), a JPY draft will be drawn on a bank in Tokyo, a Ruble draft on a bank in Moscow, etc.

These days a USD draft/cheque will almost always clear overnight when deposited into a US bank (and can be deposited by scanned image/photograph at most US banks), and I suspect that the bank employee was confused and was talking about the time delay when depositing a USD draft/cheque into a British bank account, which certainly can lead to a delay of 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 27th 2017 at 1:53 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Not all banks do it over the counter. I've read Santander do. Our banks, Halifax & Natwest required you to order and they sent it via post. Check out your bank's website for their policy, not a big deal.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyds will do it over the counter however to save paying the fee I guess i'll just transfer my mum the cash and use her card!

Thanks Pulaski! It seems that bank employees aren't too clued up on drafts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.