Reload this Page >

UK ILR-->Now Naturalised Mid-Process

UK ILR-->Now Naturalised Mid-Process

Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

southerners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK ILR-->Now Naturalised Mid-Process

Dear all,

When I submitted my I-130 on behalf of my spouse, I provided a copy of my UK biometric ID card, for proof of UK-residency, which showed that I have ILR in the UK. The ILR card was issued quite some time ago, so it also showed that I have been here for more than 6 months.

In the process of my I-130 being considered, my application for naturalisation has been accepted in the UK. I do not know what happens to my biometric ID card, although I still have it in-hand, but I also now have a UK passport, which shows I am a UK citizen. At any rate, I still clearly fulfil the residency requirement.

My question is this: if my naturalisation cancelled out my ILR biometric card in the UK-system (does anyone know?) and they do some type of system research (can/do they?), will the card show as 'cancelled', which may look dodgey? Should I voluntary send in an 'update' to the I-130 with a copy of my new UK passport photo page, in order to say that I now am also a UK citizen? Or do they merely look at the photocopy of my ILR ID card and confirm that I do indeed fit the criteria as I have/had ILR, and take the petition forward from there? Anyone know? Either way I easily fulfil the residency criteria, but I do not wish to cause any delays to respond to the queries.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK ILR-->Now Naturalised Mid-Process

You don't have to do anything more. The 6 month residency requirement no longer exists anyway.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You don't have to do anything more. The 6 month residency requirement no longer exists anyway.

Rene
thanks, Rene. Your responses are always so reassuring and helpful.

So even though, technically, the ILR biometric ID card which I submitted is suddenly not valid (I assume, since I now have a UK passport, that the UK immigration system would show it as 'cancelled'?) ever since my UK naturalisation was recently approved, you think I'm in the clear, since this ILR ID card was what I submitted for my pending I-130 petition as proof of UK residency for DCF?
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think you're in the clear. If London wants anything, they will let you know. Sending something to them now is difficult to match up with the case file. So just wait. But I think you'll be fine.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2015, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerners
In the process of my I-130 being considered, my application for naturalisation has been accepted in the UK. I do not know what happens to my biometric ID card, although I still have it in-hand, but I also now have a UK passport, which shows I am a UK citizen.
Your I-130 was accepted for processing... US immigration no longer has any interest in your status in the UK. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter to them anymore. You met the initial requirements - and they don't care what you've done since then.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2015, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to you both! I didn't realise that they look at this stuff immediately upon delivery, when they take the money to accept the I-130 filing, to check for initial requirements.

Fingers crossed for a speedy I-130 process and approval. Looking forward to getting this one under the belt to move onto the next exciting stage. Thanks, as always, for being such a dependable sounding board.