Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Old May 27th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

zadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nice
Default Re: TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Update on timeline:

Hello All,

Here is my updated timeline for TSC/Miami Office:

4/30/2008 - N-400 Application Mailed
5/5/2008 - Application arrived at TSC
5/7/2008 - Check cashed - Shock! Horror! Disbelief!
5/16/08 - Received NOA, priority date 5/5/08
5/21/08 - Received Fingerprinting notice
5/28/08 - Scheduled for Fingerprinting

So far it seems to be working within the average windows of time that I have observed - ~10 days from application arriving at TSC to receipt of NOA. ~5 days from NOA arriving to receipt of Fingerprinting notice. Of course from this point on I am expecting there to be complete radio silence for a very long time.

My case number is preceded by the letters SSC, instead of TSC. I seem to recall there was some talk about this on another thread a long time ago. Could someone jog my memory - what is the SSC for?

Many Thanks!
Old May 28th 2008, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zadok1
Could someone jog my memory - what is the SSC for?
SSC = Southern Service Center... what they used to call TSC.

Ian
Old May 28th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

zadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nice

Southern Service Center....How quaint...

Thanks, Ian.

Well off to get fingerprinted. At least it gets me out of the office early
Old May 28th 2008, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

At least it gets me out of the office early
There y'go... always look on the bright side!

ian
Old May 28th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

So, something curious happened during the fingerprinting process and I am hoping you learned people may be able to tell me what it's all about. Most of the prints ‘passed’ and I noticed they had 'scores' of over 70 (whatever that means). Four of the fingers resulted in scores in the high 60s and displayed the message 'Match Warning' in Red.............

When I asked the technician what the warning meant, she told me not to worry about it. Somehow being told not to worry by a USCIS employee has never really worked for me.

I could only think of three potential reasons for the 'Match Warning' message:

1. It’s a software thing – something like if the print quality isn't deemed to completely meet the software's exacting standards it gives a warning or something like that. But if that's the case why didn't the technician take
them again and again until they passed? Grrrr…..

2. It actually finds a match against my earlier fingerprints from the Green card process - this seems less plausible as I didn't think the machines actually returned matches from their database or whatever in real time, not to mention this is the purview of the FBI.

3. Some kind of madness is happening involving my fingerprints (prints that I have only ever provided to the INS/USCIS/DHS, never having been consciously fingerprinted for anything else) that I don’t even want to contemplate

Am I being paranoid for nothing???? Has anyone else had a similar experience or does anyone know how the cutting edge technology used in USCIS fingerprinting works?

On the positive side the ASC in Davie, FL is the most deserted USCIS office I have ever been to. I arrived 25 minutes early – just to be safe. They saw me immediately. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I being paranoid for nothing???? Has anyone else had a similar experience or does anyone know how the cutting edge technology used in USCIS fingerprinting works?

Yes, you are . I had a really good chat with the guy who took mine (same thing happened to me) - he went over how it all works in some detail. The software is not live; it is merely checking for the quality of the prints. The image taken has to be good enough to perform a comparison; if they were truly sub standard quality, they would have taken them again - as he did with a couple of mine. If they were not quite "good enough" for the software (i.e. it it comes up with a warning), but are very very close and scrutinized by the tech, they'll let them go, as the techs know they will be fine. I know its really hard (if not impossible!) to trust anything that a USCIS person says, but unless you had a YTS type trainee, chances are you'll be just fine.

As I said, same happened to me - obviously no problem because my interview letter came through a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by Dan725; May 29th 2008 at 12:31 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, wise Dan725!

Now that you mention it the tech did say something about, if she could see them clearly the FBI wouldn't have a problem. I suspect I would have got more details out of her if I had been able to speak Spanish. As is there was a bit of a language issue, not to mention Jerry Springer was playing somewhat loudly in the reception area.

You mentioned you just got your interview notice. I am sure Tampa is very different from Miami, but I was curious. How long after your fingerprinting appointment did they send you the interview notice? Miami is currently showing processing times of 13 months, but its hard to tell what they base it on - average processing time, oldest case in the book etc. etc.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, wise Dan725!

Now that you mention it the tech did say something about, if she could see them clearly the FBI wouldn't have a problem. I suspect I would have got more details out of her if I had been able to speak Spanish. As is there was a bit of a language issue, not to mention Jerry Springer was playing somewhat loudly in the reception area.

You mentioned you just got your interview notice. I am sure Tampa is very different from Miami, but I was curious. How long after your fingerprinting appointment did they send you the interview notice? Miami is currently showing processing times of 13 months, but its hard to tell what they base it on - average processing time, oldest case in the book etc. etc.
Here you go - see below - nearly 3 months after my fingerprint appointment till I got my Interview notice (which is 2 months away).

13 Aug 2007 - N400 to TSC
14 Aug 2007 - N400 received by TSC
19 Dec 2007 - Check Cashed
27 Dec 2007 - I-797C Notice of Action received.
20 Feb 2008 - Fingerprinting (was supposed to be 4 March, but I rescheduled earlier by walk-in).
17 May 2008 - Interview Notice received for July 24, 2008.

Not sure how quick Miami is in relation to Tampa - but I initially got a "up to 730 days" notice, same as you. You might want to check on the "immigration portal" forum, people track these things on there too.

Last edited by Dan725; May 30th 2008 at 2:22 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Dan. I won't hold my breath about getting any notifications yet, but I am crossing my fingers it will go smoothly (thought I doubt it will be quick) now that the fingerprinting is done. Will keep everyone updated.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

So something completely astonishing happened this morning when, after having ignored it for 4 days, I decided it was finally time to check the mail. Right there, wedged between the Economist and the Food and Wine magazine, was another letter from the USCIS. I was quaking as I opened it, expecting it to be another Fingerprinting notice or something.:curse:

But to my shock, horror and amazement I have received my interview notice for late August!!!!! I was actually so shocked that I had to go back to the house, sit down on the sofa and read it through four or five times (once the world had stopped spinning!). I still can't believe it. In fact I have been periodically checking it to ensure its not a fake.

So here is my updated timeline:

5/28/08 - Fingerprinting complete
6/09/08 - Interview notice received (dated 06/03/08)
8/27/08 - Interview scheduled, Miami Naturalization Center

I have a few questions as I prepare for my interview, but I will post those under a separate cover.

Thank you all for your help!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, zadok... like it's a phishing scheme from USCIS.. heheheh.. hey, it could be!
Congrats--get studying!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

mominmiami is an unknown quantity at this point

4/23/08 - Mailed application to TSC
4/28/08 - Application received @ TSC
5/8/08 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action / Receipt
5/20/08 - Fingerprinted
6/9/08 - Received Notice for Interview on Aug 26, 2008

Hooray!!

Looks like TSC/Miami is moving our applications earlier than we thought

Good luck to all of us!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

So something completely astonishing happened this morning when, after having ignored it for 4 days, I decided it was finally time to check the mail. Right there, wedged between the Economist and the Food and Wine magazine, was another letter from the USCIS. I was quaking as I opened it, expecting it to be another Fingerprinting notice or something.:curse:

But to my shock, horror and amazement I have received my interview notice for late August!!!!! I was actually so shocked that I had to go back to the house, sit down on the sofa and read it through four or five times (once the world had stopped spinning!). I still can't believe it. In fact I have been periodically checking it to ensure its not a fake.

So here is my updated timeline:

5/28/08 - Fingerprinting complete
6/09/08 - Interview notice received (dated 06/03/08)
8/27/08 - Interview scheduled, Miami Naturalization Center

I have a few questions as I prepare for my interview, but I will post those under a separate cover.

Thank you all for your help!!!!
LOL! Can't believed my eyes, either! I mean I don't expect anything until next year

My interview is just one day before yours
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously, I was looking for watermarks and everything to make sure it was real. Holding it up against the light etc.

It still hasn't quite sunk in.

Glad you are having the same run of good luck.... I guess we won't run into each other at the center, but good luck and if you have any words of wisdom or advice once its done - not to mention good news to report - I will be checking the forum diligently on the 26th of August.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Seriously, I was looking for watermarks and everything to make sure it was real. Holding it up against the light etc.

It still hasn't quite sunk in.

Glad you are having the same run of good luck.... I guess we won't run into each other at the center, but good luck and if you have any words of wisdom or advice once its done - not to mention good news to report - I will be checking the forum diligently on the 26th of August.
LOL!! I kept checking the interview date if it's really 2008 heheheh.

Then the hubby said that maybe I can vote this year

Sure, sure.. will post here hopefully some piece of good news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.