Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Interview was done almost a month ago and still waiting on N-445.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough

Ok, Abir is about home free,
but what about the rest of you
Has the USCIS monster eaten all of you up,
or
Are you just not sharing your progress.
Inquiring minds won't to know.
Please report in wandering sheep.

Archie Wilson
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Archie...
Nothing to report man... I just found out that my name check is pending for one freaking year (I-751) and for 2 moths (N-400)...

Though USCIS conveniently lied to a congressman and delayed to it by a few month out of shear incomptence, at AOS, my name check was cleared in ONE day.

So now I wonder, what will change for next year which can push this name check to clear quickly enough.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing doing Archie, fingerprinted a month ago; wait for interview continues.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Had my interview last week & was approved. Took all of 15-20 minutes.
Now the wait for the Oath ceremony begins!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

Eagerly waiting for my interview on 11 April, Oklahoma City.

Will report back on result
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee,
Please give us your timeline again.
Thanks,
Archie Wilson
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

Timeline as follows:

N400 sent to TSC 26 July 07
NOA received 26 November (cheque cashed 19 Nov.)
Finger print appointment (1) 17 December 07 Oklahoma City
Finger print re-take, FBI couldn't read previous version - 22 January 08
Interview letter received 25 February 08
Interview appointment 11 April 08, Oklahoma City

(Applying on ground of marriage to US citizen. Arrived in USA on 25 October 2004.)
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

That's nice, Aycee!
Now, I wonder about some of the Aug, Sep. and Oct. filers after the fee increase glut?
Archie Wilson
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Archie Wilson
That's nice, Aycee!
Now, I wonder about some of the Aug, Sep. and Oct. filers after the fee increase glut?
Archie Wilson
Hubby filed in early Nov. He did Biometrics in Jan. Haven't heard anything since.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

I'd hoped to be reporting back with useful information about my interview, instead it's a tale of woe.

We arrived at the USCIS office, all geared up for my citizenship interview scheduled 1.05pm, 11 April. We waited in a room, where the temperature was fit only for chilling meat, for half an hour before, and half an hour after, the scheduled time, only to be told that two interviewing officers, of the three available, had had to go home sick that morning and the remaining officer's list was full, she could take no more interviews.

They had telephoned our home earlier with no response. We'd have left early even had we not decided to stay over the previous night, so a morning call after 9am would have made no difference. The journey is around 80 miles, and the weather had been very iffy for a couple of days with floods, tornado watches and violent storms. We did not want to risk missing this appointment for which I'd been waiting since last July.

We saw another applicant, the only other one present when we arrived, sent away earlier, and because we were not approached at that time, around ten minutes before my appointment, felt that I must be listed with the remaining interviewing officer. It was not until half an hour after my scheduled time that we were given the bad news, by then chilled to the bone!

We watched two people who arrived long after we did, accompanied by an attorney, ushered in for their interview. Worse, when I asked the bearer of bad tidings, who was very apologetic, when I could expect re-scheduling he said the rest of April and all of May has been scheduled already it will be June or July for me. I had to bite my tongue - very hard. :curse:

I'd already been put to the inconvenience of a second visit and overnight stay for a re-take of fingerprints - probably due to the operative's incompetence the first time around - then there was the 17 week wait I had to even get a receipt for my $400 cheque and acknowledgement of my application. I applied on 26 July 2007 (timeline in my post on 31 March)

I'm considering whether to complain. I realise that sickness is something which cannot be foreseen, but to now have to wait until June/July for a re-schedule seems very unfair.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

My husband just received his interview letter in the mail today for our local office, Louisville, KY. The interview is scheduled for May 8, which just happens to be our wedding anniversary! How appropriate!

His timeline is:

N-400 sent in: 11/11/2007
Check cashed: 12/31/2007
Biometrics: late Jan. 2008 (can't remember the exact date)
Interview scheduled for: 5/8/2008

Aycee, I was saddened to read your tale. That is unacceptable and inexcusable. Through no fault of your own, they expect you to wait another 2-3 months?? They should bump another person that is already scheduled so that you can get in there. If we bumped because of a reschedule, we'd be disappointed, but would understand the situation.

It's great that you plan on complaining, but I wonder if it will do any good? I wonder if a visit with a lawyer would light a fire under their butts (but probably not).
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sunflowergirl = I'm glad to hear of your husband's appointment - hope all goes through without hitches!

I've just drafted a letter to the USCIS office (a polite one) pointing out a couple of things. I'll probably post it tomorrow. It's worth a try, and will make me feel better!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
My husband just received his interview letter in the mail today for our local office, Louisville, KY. The interview is scheduled for May 8
Wish you best of luck!

My interview in Louisville was straightforward ... waiting for oath ceremony is a different story. I'm giving up for the April 25th date ... maybe they will schedule me for May 30th in Lexington …
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abir007
Wish you best of luck!

My interview in Louisville was straightforward ... waiting for oath ceremony is a different story. I'm giving up for the April 25th date ... maybe they will schedule me for May 30th in Lexington …
How do you know the oath ceremony dates this far in advance? Do they always do it on a certain day of the month, or is there a schedule already published? I'd be interested in knowing how long it will take for the oath ceremony because we are travelling in early Aug, and we will need enough time to get his US passport before we leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.