Travelling & I-751

Old Jan 9th 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Travelling & I-751

Hiya,

Just wanted to give a little update on travelling whilst waiting for my Husband's I-751 Removal of Conditions to be approved.

We received his 1-year extension letter (the letter you receive whilst you wait for a decision) about 2 weeks after I sent off the I-751 form and fees. Biometrics was done shortly after.

We travelled to England on Dec 17 and returned home Jan 7. Upon entering the USA we provided Mike's UK Passport, Expired GC and Extension letter. The officer was satisfied with these documents, however we were led into the Customs and Immigration office just so they could look up his paperwork after about 5 minutes we were given his papers back and sent on our way.

It is important you carry all those documents with you:
UK Passport, Expired GC and Extension letter

We were only asked for them upon returning to the USA.

Also IMPORTANT to mention. We could NOT check in online for our flights because Mike's Green Card is officially expired. So we just had to check in at the airport (old fashioned style). Thought I would mention so anyone in our situation should not be alarmed

Happy Travelling!

C + M
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:34 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling & I-751

This should be sticky.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling & I-751

Thanks Speedwell...I believe it is important to share these experiences as soon as they happen. This forum has been so helpful to us over the years, it is nice to give back if only a little bit