Time frame question

Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time frame question

I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question

But.......

Just had my I-130 approval, awaiting NVC details.

How long does this next stage take? (Ball park?)

How long to visa if it all goes smoothly?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time frame question

Ballpark, a few to several months.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2018, 2:38 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot will now depend on your efficiency now. Do you have all your civil and financial documents ready to go as soon as you get your cover sheet from the NVC? Have you called the NVC to get your case number and your fees unlocked? If you wait for the NVC to contact you, you'll be waiting over a month. You need to be proactive at this stage.

Typically, once your case has left USCIS, it takes 3 days to reach the NVC and you can call to confirm they have it. After 10-14 days your case number will be assigned and you can get things moving on CEAC. Once you've paid one fee, call them to get the next fee unlocked. If you wait for them to do it, it'll take a lot longer. Once NVC have received all your financial and civil documents it's taking between 8 and 11 weeks to complete your case. Then it's sent to London (you can track it with DHL). The wait for an interview after case complete is about 6 weeks. I got my passport back 7 days after the interview and entered the country 6 days later.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
A lot will now depend on your efficiency now. Do you have all your civil and financial documents ready to go as soon as you get your cover sheet from the NVC? Have you called the NVC to get your case number and your fees unlocked? If you wait for the NVC to contact you, you'll be waiting over a month. You need to be proactive at this stage.

Typically, once your case has left USCIS, it takes 3 days to reach the NVC and you can call to confirm they have it. After 10-14 days your case number will be assigned and you can get things moving on CEAC. Once you've paid one fee, call them to get the next fee unlocked. If you wait for them to do it, it'll take a lot longer. Once NVC have received all your financial and civil documents it's taking between 8 and 11 weeks to complete your case. Then it's sent to London (you can track it with DHL). The wait for an interview after case complete is about 6 weeks. I got my passport back 7 days after the interview and entered the country 6 days later.

This is very helpful, I don't have anything ready as I don't know what I need to get ready.
Ill get the sponsor forms printed and started this weekend.
I didn't realise I could call NVC, I thought I had to wait the 30 days for them to contact me.
I've had the I-797 approval form, it says wait 30 days for the NVC to send reference number etc.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 12:58 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
This is very helpful, I don't have anything ready as I don't know what I need to get ready.
Ill get the sponsor forms printed and started this weekend.
I didn't realise I could call NVC, I thought I had to wait the 30 days for them to contact me.
I've had the I-797 approval form, it says wait 30 days for the NVC to send reference number etc.

Yes the form gives the standard party line of waiting 30 days to contact them but you can call and get it moving quicker.

This page is very useful:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html