Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

I was thinking of one statement signed by us both, but yes, definitely 2 signatures.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by technolog
I was thinking of one statement signed by us both, but yes, definitely 2 signatures.
That's fine.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I've got the pack assembled. Now where do I send it and how?

The USCIS website has the following to say on the matter:

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
I'd like it to get there by the fastest, safest method. Am I right to assume that this is the second address using one of the Royal Mail's services? Would anyone care to recommend a particular service?

By the way, what is a 'lockbox'? I'm thinking it's equivalent to a PO Box in this country.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, what is a 'lockbox'? I'm thinking it's equivalent to a PO Box in this country.
I don't know how Royal Mail works when sending to the USA. Just make sure it's a trackable method. You might want to send it Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, or something just to be sure.

Yes, a lockbox is a secure PO box.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what services the Royal Mail might use for final delivery once the mailpiece reaces the USA, but only the US Postal Service can deliver mail to a Post Offic box.
I'd like it to get there by the fastest, safest method. Am I right to assume that this is the second address using one of the Royal Mail's services? Would anyone care to recommend a particular service?
A USCIS lockbox is a mail receiving location run by a contractor, usually if not always a bank, where a submission is received, opened, and the contents inspected for completeness (not adequacy) and bound into a case file. The payment is deposited (which is why the contract agency is usually a bank) and the file is sent to the NBC or other appropriate USCIS facility to await processing.
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Nov 6th 2013 at 9:57 pm. Reason: fixed quotes
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it isn't.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, a lockbox is a secure PO box.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
No, it isn't.

Regards, JEff
Oh, good to know! I learned something new today.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:13 pm

Well, you already knew that only the US Postal Service can deliver to a Post Office box - that's why other delivery services have to deliver to a street address. So a USCIS lockbox can't be a PO box, secure or otherwise.

Google a lockbox address sometime. You'll find a bank in the same building.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Oh, good to know! I learned something new today.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

My fiancée did a bit of research and found Fedex to be the seeming best deal. FedEx International Priority service £39. Package collected from home today (7th) at 12.30pm GMT and should be with USCIS at Lewisville TX by 10.30am CST tomorrow (8th).

We're on our way - the phoney war's over!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I took my fiancée to the doctor today which brought the subject of medical examinations and vaccinations to the forefront of my mind.

I found this link in a 'K1 medical' thread:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html

After studying the Vaccinations Requirement pdf that the article links to and bearing in mind I'll be 50 years old (in Jan 2014) at the time of medical, am I right in thinking that the only vaccinations I need are:

Td and Tdap,

MMR,

Varicella (though this says not available in UK which may preclude it - would it be required later at the AOS stage in the US?) and

Influenza (annually from 50 y-o onwards)?

I'm assuming I need to get my GP to tell me which of these I'm already immunised against and then get them to administer the rest.

Is this a suitable time (just filed I-129F petition today) to get this sorted or is it too early?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Received email confirmation of USCIS acceptance of my fiancée's petition:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number AAANNNNNNNNNN. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:15 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Received email confirmation of USCIS acceptance of my fiancée's petition:
Very cool We'll be ready to file in exactly 3 weeks so we'll be about a month behind you!
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Received the I-797C Notice of Action (NoA1) through the post today.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

uk4love is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband had chicken pox as a kid so they just scribbled something to that effect on his medical report. they also gave him a flu shot so I guess you could expect the same.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uk4love
my husband had chicken pox as a kid so they just scribbled something to that effect on his medical report. they also gave him a flu shot so I guess you could expect the same.
I've got an appointment with a practice nurse next month to see what I've had or got immunity to and what I still need to get. Also need to ask about obtaining my medical records.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.