Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Success!...pending medical....

Success!...pending medical....

Old Nov 10th 2017, 10:51 am
Just Joined

VivaLV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Success!...pending medical....

So went for interview yesterday and everything went fine apart from they hadn't received my medical details, it had been 7-8 working days since I went to knightsbridge.

So they say I get the Visa so long as this medical appears (I am 99% certain I don't have any medical issues thanks to my work medicals I get). Has anyone else recently been experiencing any kind of delay with medical results? I'm sure they had said allow only 5 working days.

As for the Interview it is exactly like the DMV for those who have experienced it, have paperwork squared away and bring a book!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success!...pending medical....

Originally Posted by VivaLV
So went for interview yesterday and everything went fine apart from they hadn't received my medical details, it had been 7-8 working days since I went to knightsbridge.

So they say I get the Visa so long as this medical appears (I am 99% certain I don't have any medical issues thanks to my work medicals I get). Has anyone else recently been experiencing any kind of delay with medical results? I'm sure they had said allow only 5 working days.

As for the Interview it is exactly like the DMV for those who have experienced it, have paperwork squared away and bring a book!
It’s happened quite a lot recently and my wife had to wait a few days after a successful interview for the medical to get to the Embassy. It’s a bit shoddy really given the cost involved and I thought Knightsbridge office was a bit run down and not what I had imagined.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:57 am
Just Joined

VivaLV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyMan74
It’s happened quite a lot recently and my wife had to wait a few days after a successful interview for the medical to get to the Embassy. It’s a bit shoddy really given the cost involved and I thought Knightsbridge office was a bit run down and not what I had imagined.
Its walking distance to the embassy, why does it take so long?? I thought I was walking into someones apartment when I first went through the door.

Did you chase up the medical or just wait it out? I'm in no rush for the visa but could really do with my passport back asap!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

My medical was approved on October 31st, and arrived at the embassy on the morning of my interview on November 7th. They do say to allow up to 5 working days on their paperwork (they told me to allow 2-3 in person!), so I guess take it all with a pinch of salt. Hopefully they'll have yours back very soon - I bet early next week.

Congratulations on getting through your interview!