Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Stu_blue - Immigrant Visa Process Questions

Stu_blue - Immigrant Visa Process Questions

Old Aug 25th 2017, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stu_blue - Immigrant Visa Process Questions

I have decided to go down the route of getting married while working here on my E2 Visa.

Once done I will get my US wife to complete the I-130.

I will then have to leave to go to the UK then and carry on working next year for 9 months for the final time.

After the I-130 comes back is their then many more forms for my wife to complete or is it just a few more for me to do.

Does someone have the exact process of forms she has to complete and forms I have to complete?

I am hoping from us getting married to sending off the form it will only take a year so I can then have my medical in the Uk and then hopefully leave to come and live in the US.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 8:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stu_blue - Immigrant Visa Process Questions

Originally Posted by stu_blue

After the I-130 comes back is their then many more forms for my wife to complete or is it just a few more for me to do.
After the I-130 gets approved, the case moves to NVC, where they will ask for the I-864 Affidavit of Support and fee, and also original civil documents. Then the case moves to the embassy where they will instruct you to get a police certificate and medical exam, then attend the visa interview.

Does someone have the exact process of forms she has to complete and forms I have to complete?
Check our Wiki Guide, the US Embassy in London website, the National Visa Center website, and the USCIS website. Information is in different places, according to who is working on your case at each step.

I am hoping from us getting married to sending off the form it will only take a year so I can then have my medical in the Uk and then hopefully leave to come and live in the US.
The entire process should take roughly 8 to 10 months. So yes, less than 1 year.

Rene