Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The start of our Journey! (K-1 Visa)

The start of our Journey! (K-1 Visa)

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Charley_Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The start of our Journey! (K-1 Visa)

[21st February 2017] - i129F Packet Complete & Sent to USCIS Texas
[25th February 2017] - Packet arrived at USCIS Texas
[3rd March 2017] - NOA1 Recieved
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

Now the wait begins, it's true - but it's still exciting! Your dates in the year are similar to our 5 years ago. We had our NOA1 around March 2nd and NOA2 September 6th. It will be interesting to see if time frames have changed much over the last 5 years - although there seems to be a glut of processing in the system right now.

Good luck to you both!

Last edited by Shezi59; Mar 3rd 2017 at 5:20 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:20 am
Just Joined

hjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant futurehjklily has a brilliant future

We sent our i129F packet on Feb 28th, so our timelines are only a week out from each other! I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, I hope everything is smooth sailing for you both
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shezi59
Now the wait begins, it's true - but it's still exciting! Your dates in the year are similar to our 5 years ago. We had our NOA1 around March 2nd and NOA2 September 6th. It will be interesting to see if time frames have changed much over the last 5 years - although there seems to be a glut of processing in the system right now. Good luck to you both!
Thank you! According to the current 'approximate' timeline, we should recieve the NOA2 within the next 4-10 weeks so fingers crossed, shall keep you posted!
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hjklily
We sent our i129F packet on Feb 28th, so our timelines are only a week out from each other! I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, I hope everything is smooth sailing for you both
How very exciting, very much in the same time frame as us then. Thank you very much, the best of luck to you and your partner also!
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

[13th March 2017] - Hard Copy NOA1 Recieved
Old Jun 15th 2017, 8:36 am
Just Joined

So it's been a long wait, but after 3 months i can finally update this post. Current status is that i have just recieved my NOA2 Approval and am awaiting my NVC Processing number!

[2nd June 2017] - NOA2 Recieved
[6th June 2017] - Hard Copy NOA2 Recieved
Old Aug 16th 2017, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The start of our Journey! (K-1 Visa)

Originally Posted by Charley_Cook
So it's been a long wait, but after 3 months i can finally update this post. Current status is that i have just recieved my NOA2 Approval and am awaiting my NVC Processing number!

[2nd June 2017] - NOA2 Recieved
[6th June 2017] - Hard Copy NOA2 Recieved
Do you have an update on your latest status that you could share? I've received notification that our packet arrived at USCIS Texas, and it's been interesting for me to see your timeline so far as a comparison. It seems fast in comparison to some experiences!
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
Do you have an update on your latest status that you could share? I've received notification that our packet arrived at USCIS Texas, and it's been interesting for me to see your timeline so far as a comparison. It seems fast in comparison to some experiences!
Hi Captain America!

I will be posting an update later this evening with my current visa status but here is some information to help you out.

First of all, congratulations on starting your Visa Process and i promise you, time will fly by (At least it has for me). In terms of waiting, the hardest part/longest wait in this whole process is between the NOA1-NOA2. As you can see from the timeline, between my Hard Copy NOA1 - Hard Copy NOA2 i had to wait around 3 months with no information/contact in between.

I have currently just filed for my Acro Check and am going to be booking my medical exam for late next month (As the wait for me is only going to be 10 days) and will be booking my Interview for Mid November. I'm stretching my dates out a little as i am looking to be going right after Christmas this year but as stated, waiting list for Medical is roughly 10 days and waiting list for Interview is roughly 20.

I hope this helps & the best of luck to you and your partner.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charley_Cook
Hi Captain America!

I will be posting an update later this evening with my current visa status but here is some information to help you out.

First of all, congratulations on starting your Visa Process and i promise you, time will fly by (At least it has for me). In terms of waiting, the hardest part/longest wait in this whole process is between the NOA1-NOA2. As you can see from the timeline, between my Hard Copy NOA1 - Hard Copy NOA2 i had to wait around 3 months with no information/contact in between.

I have currently just filed for my Acro Check and am going to be booking my medical exam for late next month (As the wait for me is only going to be 10 days) and will be booking my Interview for Mid November. I'm stretching my dates out a little as i am looking to be going right after Christmas this year but as stated, waiting list for Medical is roughly 10 days and waiting list for Interview is roughly 20.

I hope this helps & the best of luck to you and your partner.
Thank you Charley, it's nice to hear from you and your continued experience of this process. I know I'll eventually calm down a little bit but I'm currently anxious to make sure I get my ducks in a row so nothing can surprise me later down the line! I can just imagine how long the 3 months were, and I don't expect my processing will be remotely that fast...

I hope your next stages work out well and everything goes as planned. I'll be looking forward to reading your updates when they come along!