Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sorry Vaccinations, Medical History & Timing

Sorry Vaccinations, Medical History & Timing

Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sorry Vaccinations, Medical History & Timing

Ive been to the surgery where I'm registered and requested my medical history and list of vaccinations.

My medical history only goes back 16 years. For the previous 8 years i pretty certain i wasnt even registered as I never needed a doctor. Prior to that I was cleaning the decks on Her Majesty's Warships (whilst we had some )

Nothing of interest in my medical history. 2 days in military hospital with glandular fever and thats it.

Will my lack of medical history be an issue ?

As I have no vaccination records I am just going to bite the bullet and get MMR, Tdap and I guess Flu as I'm a sprightly 51 year old

From searching through previous posts I am assuming that I will of needed to have had the 2nd MMR jab before the interview, but it could be after the medical ? Probably wont be an issue, but would like to know for clarity.

Cheers

Jonathan
Old Aug 21st 2017, 8:30 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sorry Vaccinations, Medical History & Timing

I notice you're filing via DCF in London, we're the same, just a bit further along (medical done last week, interview is this Thursday).

So far the only medical history / records we've been required to show was the Patient Summary (1-5 pages or so, from your GP), at the medical.

I'd say it's unlikely the missing medical records are going to be a major issue, especially not if, as you say, no serious events happened during that time. I think Knightsbridge doctors are less interested in looking at the bulky records and more interested in just getting a simplistic overview of your history as provided by the summary...

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of16BIT has much to be proud of

I've just acquired my vaccination record from my GP today right after a Tetanus booster. Just a simple print out.

In regards to the medical summary, I asked at the desk, got a confused look, and told by the receptionist she didn't know what I meant by "medical summary".

I ended up leaving with a "Local Record" print out (just a generic print out, no charge), of two pages with sub-sections -

"Problems (Active)" showing only recent medical issue (stress) from this year, also a "request for medication" back in 2014 and Chicken Pox from 1987.

"Significant Past" - showing an ECG from 1995 and Measles from 1988.

"Medication" - Showing the shot from today but no previous meds prescribed.

"Allergies" - Penicillin.

"Health Status" Three entries showing me as a non-smoker, blood pressure from a recent appointment last month and another saying "Notes summary on computer nb ls".

"Immunisations" (all there)

"Last 3 consultations" showing todays' nurse appointment for tetanus, a previous Dr appointment cancellation and the last appointment from early August when I was signed off work for stress (no meds prescribed, no depression etc).

So that sums up what I was given but I am unsure if this is OK to take to the medical or if they require a summary of ALL my medical history going back to birth. If someone can advise on this then I'd be most appreciative!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:48 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

I went in for a medical just a week ago, and all they wanted was the Patient Summary from my GP. No additional medical records were needed (but I imagine mileage may vary if you have a significant event detailed in your Patient Summary).

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 16BIT
I am unsure if this is OK to take to the medical...
Since this is what you have, this is what you should take. If they want something more, they'll tell you.

... or if they require a summary of ALL my medical history going back to birth.
Can you imagine how ludicrous (and, possibly, impossible) this might be for someone in their 70's? 60's? 50's? ... perhaps even 40's?

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Just need to clarify the vacination issue please

So I'm under 2 weeks into starting the whole process (well my wife started by sending in the I-130)

I just need to book my medical and interview. As i cant find a record of an MMR jab, should I wait 6 weeks untill Ive had both jabs for my medical and then book an interview 5+ days after that.