Should I start over?

Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should I start over?

I had to file an I-824 to move my approved I-130 (IR1-CR1) petition to the NVC, I got my NOA on November 6th 2017 and looking at the processing times for the I-824 at the National Benefits Center, it's showing that I could be waiting for 9 months. I'm also concerned at how long once the I-824 has been approved it will take to get to the NVC as I have read some horror stories on the forums.

I have been apart from my wife for over a year now and this mistake is getting me down, should I file another I-130 or just wait?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I start over?

I'm not sure if filing another I-130 will force your original to be adjudicated or not?

It could be worth getting your wife to contact people on the US end... Her congressman etc etc.

I'm sure someone with more experience with this type of situ will be along soon but I certainly don't think it could hurt having your wife chase people in the mean time.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not start over until you know what's up with the current I-130. Might be time to get an immigration lawyer involved.

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
I'm not sure if filing another I-130 will force your original to be adjudicated or not?

It could be worth getting your wife to contact people on the US end... Her congressman etc etc.

I'm sure someone with more experience with this type of situ will be along soon but I certainly don't think it could hurt having your wife chase people in the mean time.
I have thought about the congressman route, my wife seems to think that nobody will look at it as they would be inundated with requests from people in similar situations. Have you heard of anyone getting a response from their congressman / woman?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would not start over until you know what's up with the current I-130. Might be time to get an immigration lawyer involved.

Rene
Unfortunately Rene it was an immigration lawyer that got us into this mess, so I'm a little reluctant to use another.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
I have thought about the congressman route, my wife seems to think that nobody will look at it as they would be inundated with requests from people in similar situations. Have you heard of anyone getting a response from their congressman / woman?
Many of us on here have contacted our congressman for various reasons.

We've contacted ours twice and had a response within 48 hours. It may not be the response you want, but they appear to be pretty good at keeping on top of their correspondence.

It certainly can't hurt to try
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
Oh god yes. We used our congressperson and her staff was instrumental in getting the then INS to move its fat butt faster than a snail's crawl.

It can all be done online with perhaps a phone call from the congressperson's office after the initial request but that is why they have a department set up to offer help with immigration issues.

Tell your wife to get rolling on this asap. Unless she has changed her mind about wanting to be married, she should be super proactive in this matter. It is HER petition, not yours, and she is the only one that can make inroads here.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Many of us on here have contacted our congressman for various reasons.

We've contacted ours twice and had a response within 48 hours. It may not be the response you want, but they appear to be pretty good at keeping on top of their correspondence.

It certainly can't hurt to try
Thanks Ben, is there a way of finding the right congressman for immigration in our state / town?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for this route. Congressman sorted my issue in 24 hours.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.house.gov/representative...representative

Congressperson is based on the current address of the USC. I've had contact with both a Republican congressman who is very much pro Trump (and immigration reform), and a Democrat woman who obviously isn't. They both were exceptional in helping with my case.