Old Jul 8th 2003, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scott Henshaw and Nanette?

Any word?
Old Jul 8th 2003, 5:14 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

She had her interview but was placed on Admin. review. I am in the process of talking to someone at the embassy. From what I can gather all the paperwork is in order, but they need to go through their verification process to confirm that she has no previous marriages. Sort of a shity day, but worse case, it should only be another 4 to 6 weeks...

Scott
Old Jul 8th 2003, 5:26 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Scott,

I hope you and she get things sorted out very soon, you have been waiting for long enough already. I will keep my fingers crossed for you both

Debbie
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:00 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
She had her interview but was placed on Admin. review. I am in the process of talking to someone at the embassy. From what I can gather all the paperwork is in order, but they need to go through their verification process to confirm that she has no previous marriages. Sort of a shity day, but worse case, it should only be another 4 to 6 weeks...

Scott
A prior marriage, or the lack thereof, is a touchy issue in the Philippines since there is no divorce in the Philippines. That's why, when I feel it is appropriate (certain red flag fact patterns…. Older fiancée, fiancée with children… or even sometimes when there is no red flag fact pattern) I ask my clients to obtain a certificate from the National Statistics Office saying they have searched their records and that they don’t find any record for a prior marriage for the beneficiary.

I believe the time it takes for the beneficiary to get this is time well spent, and can help eliminate a “potential� problem at the interview, or at least reduce the odds of that potential problem turning into an actual problem (providing that evidence might help keep the consul from wanting to take the time to have the Consul do that same investigation work with the NSO).

I hope they can do this follow up work as quickly as you hope.

M.U.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:11 pm
Scott and Nanette

M.U.,

She submitted the CENOMAR from the NSO with her docs. It appears that they do not accept it from the applicants and go through their own verification process with the NSO. She is only 33, no children or anything odd..... I do not think that it is a huge problem, just a delay...

Scott
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott:

You are a real trooper. I'm sorry to hear of your admin review, and I know you must have been down. But the good news is that I hear it really is only a few weeks more in virtually every case. Then you and Nanette will be together at last. Hopefully your intervention will speed things up a little.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
A prior marriage, or the lack thereof, is a touchy issue in the Philippines since there is no divorce in the Philippines. That's why, when I feel it is appropriate (certain red flag fact patterns…. Older fiancée, fiancée with children… or even sometimes when there is no red flag fact pattern) I ask my clients to obtain a certificate from the National Statistics Office saying they have searched their records and that they don’t find any record for a prior marriage for the beneficiary.
I understand from at least one Filipina I know and stuff posted at other immigration related websites that since a few months ago the consulate has been ignoring CERNOMARs submitted to it by applicants whose profile would normally trigger the check on previous marriages (the factors you list; plus as I understand it a female over a certain age, regardless of how old she is compared to her fiance). Apparently there have been some fraudulent CERNOMARs proffered to the consulates, despite the safeguards that are supposed to be in place at the NSO (security paper, etc.) to prevent this type of thing. So I understand that the consulate is often re-verifying the information shown on any CERNOMAR which is given directly by an applicant where the inquiry about prior marriages would otherwise be made, or obtaining its own CERNOMAR directly from NSO. And putting people on Administrative Review while they do that.

(It's a sad comment. The stuff that legitimate couples with a Filipino partner, who are being honest about their circumstances have to go through to compensate for impact of others who try to beat the system would make me furious at my own countrymen/women. The Filipinos I know hate everyone who has come to the US using BS tactics, and wishes the government would do something about it.)
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall

I believe the time it takes for the beneficiary to get this is time well spent, and can help eliminate a “potential� problem at the interview, or at least reduce the odds of that potential problem turning into an actual problem (providing that evidence might help keep the consul from wanting to take the time to have the Consul do that same investigation work with the NSO).

I hope they can do this follow up work as quickly as you hope.

M.U.
Hi:

Although Manila is among the "high fraud" posts, it does not even remotely approach the champion post of fraudulent applications: Lagos.

My understanding is that within the Department of STate that the traing post for fraud is Lagos and the training post for crime is Moscow.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:43 pm
ballerandalady

Default sorry to hear that Scott..hang in there

Hi Scott,

I have occasionally read some of your post as well as you website and I give you mad props for it!!! Don't worry about the Admin Review - just make sure you follow it up and don't let up in terms of the contacting the embassy. My honey had her interview last June 27 and they only asked her 2/3 questions (one from the Filipino guy) and 3 from the consul. They didn't even ask her for more evidence (Thank God) (But we were ready). She did tell me that it really depends on the consul's grasp of your relationship on whether or not they will and would place you any type of hold. I had to admit I was scared at first but since my fiancee told me that she will do her best - erthang will be aight. She did ask around and found out that some CENOMAR were requested for other fiancee/es and some were not requested. The lady with her was 45 years old and she also got an approval (and I read) somewhere here that even if your age is in the early twenties if by will they put you in admin review - they would do it. My fiancee also told me that sometimes they do make a fuss about minute details, letters as well pictures. So don't worry brotha - its just a minor delay. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! IT WILL BE OVER SOON!

My fiancee is on its way here 7:39 pm I will pick her up in SFO!!

baller representin CALI

Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Marilech is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott, sad to hear about the news. Did Nanette get the CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage from the National Statistics Office? If she did, maybe you can faxed them a letter and attach the CENOMAR? I got mine from Manila last January and even if Vancouver won't ask me for it, I have it on hand just in case. Hope everyhting will work faster for you.

Marilech

Scott
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:31 pm
Scott and Nanette

Yes she got her CENOMAR and they put it in the envelope at St. Lukes. It appears that they do not accept it from the applicants adn only the NSO.

Scott
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there, Scott.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

hey scott,

heads up. all will turn out good. and for the extra delay - maybe they thought you try to cheat around the system as your file was so good. too good to be true.

and no no, i am not making fun - i am in the same boat. and i feel for you - you have to take another delay - as you dont know when the visa will be ready. and i just learned today when i rescheduled my flight, that the earliest (for acceptable price) was august 15. so that puts us back to day 37 today
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

M.U.,

She submitted the CENOMAR from the NSO with her docs. It appears that they do not accept it from the applicants and go through their own verification process with the NSO. She is only 33, no children or anything odd..... I do not think that it is a huge problem, just a delay...

Scott
Scott,

Sorry to hear about the admin review.. But like you said, just a delay, not a denial. I hope things will work out soon!!

best,
Sunny
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:10 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Scott
I read about this *somewhere* a short while ago.

That they no longer accept the certificate from the beneficiary/petitioner and have to verify the information directly themselves.

Yes, apparently people had been submitting fraudulent certificates

I'm sure that I read that sometimes if a search has been done recently that they can access the information more quickly - I don't know if this is reliable though. There was something about someone giving "advance notice" to the NSO of the fact that the Consulate would require the information too I believe in an effort to speed things up.

I wish I could find the place I read all this now....

My initial reaction was *ah bugger* as I really expected to see an approval from you guys.

As others have said though it is just a delay and it won't be long now
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott
scott,

I'm sorry for the delay you are facing. It sucks that you did so much to prepare for this and now a stupid thing like this has come up. I really hope that you are on this review thing for a very very short while and that those people at the embassy will come to their senses and grant you the visa.

All the best.
Rohit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.