Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole?

Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole?

Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole?

Please tell me some of your experiences traveling with Advance Parole. What other papers do I need to carry with me? What kind of questions do they ask? etc...

Thank you.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole?

Originally Posted by zico
Please tell me some of your experiences traveling with Advance Parole.
Once you fully understand that AP is not a guarantee of entry to the US, things come into focus very quickly. Even green card holders are not guaranteed entry to the US. It's also interesting to note that many people apply for and get AP but find themselves banned from the US when they actually try to use it because of previous overstay issues or the like.

That said, I did not have a problem using AP and my unexpired passport to get back into the US. Your mileage may vary.

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2006, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it safe to travel on Advance Parole?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

That said, I did not have a problem using AP and my unexpired passport to get back into the US. Your mileage may vary.

Ian
I did not either.

I would add a ticket.

Do not lose the AP.