Renewing EAD

Old Mar 23rd 2018, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

PBRlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing EAD

So while I am in AOS from K1 it is that time where I am doing my EAD renewal.I have a few questions I'm sure others who have been through the process can assist with.

1- Do you send 4 us passport photos (2 each for i-131 & i-765) or 2 all together

2- On the i-765 the question that asks if you ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS before for dates is the date you filed on your originial i765 form when doing AOS or the date on your EAD card? For office am I correct in saying it relates to the first 3 letters on your EAD card number like CSC would be California service center?

3- Furthermore, for current immigration status on my AOS I just wrote K1, for renewal would it be non resident alien or non resident alien k1?

4- On the I-131 section 3 where it asks if you applied for a reentry permit before ..is the answer to this yes, is that what the AP portion on my EAD card is, or is this referring to a different type of permit/document?

This forum has been a huge help and I welcome any replies from others that have been in the process many thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing EAD

Originally Posted by PBRlad
So while I am in AOS from K1 it is that time where I am doing my EAD renewal.I have a few questions I'm sure others who have been through the process can assist with.

1- Do you send 4 us passport photos (2 each for i-131 & i-765) or 2 all together

No need for photos, they already have them.

2- On the i-765 the question that asks if you ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS before for dates is the date you filed on your originial i765 form when doing AOS or the date on your EAD card? For office am I correct in saying it relates to the first 3 letters on your EAD card number like CSC would be California service center?

I did the date I received my EAD/AP.

3- Furthermore, for current immigration status on my AOS I just wrote K1, for renewal would it be non resident alien or non resident alien k1?

I wrote: K1 - Pending Adjustment of Status

4- On the I-131 section 3 where it asks if you applied for a reentry permit before ..is the answer to this yes, is that what the AP portion on my EAD card is, or is this referring to a different type of permit/document?

I also answered yes to that.

This forum has been a huge help and I welcome any replies from others that have been in the process many thanks
In the end I didn't actually need my EAD/AP renewal as about 2 months after filing it I got my green card but it's definitely good to get it in early, especially as it's free for the C9 category.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

A re-entry permit is a different document so answer no to this question (unless you were previously a LPR and had a re-entry permit, but I'm pretty sure this won't apply).
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
A re-entry permit is a different document so answer no to this question (unless you were previously a LPR and had a re-entry permit, but I'm pretty sure this won't apply).
Ah bugger, I put yes. Oh well sorry for the misinformation OP!

I also tore of the little barcode piece of paper I got with my EAD for "a faster renewal time" and put that in there.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

No problem thank you very much.

Benk91 thank you too for all your replies. Just to confirm the date regarding that employment authorization are you referring to the date that your EAD card began on (printed on card) or the date it arrived in the post
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did it with the date actually on the card as I doubt USCIS keep a date of when things were delivered etc as it may well have sat in your mailbox for 4 days before you checked the mail etc.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 10:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No photos. You have sent them previously and they usually use the biometrics photo to make the card.

It is the date on the EAD card. Yes it is California Service Center.

You have NOT been on K-1 status since the K-1 visa expired. You are non-resident alien 'pending adjustment of status'

Your I-131 was NOT for a re-entry permit but for advance parole. So the answer is NO.

I have asked for your post to be redirected to the proper forum ... marriage-based visa
Old Mar 24th 2018, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
No photos. You have sent them previously and they usually use the biometrics photo to make the card.

It is the date on the EAD card. Yes it is California Service Center.

You have NOT been on K-1 status since the K-1 visa expired. You are non-resident alien 'pending adjustment of status'

Your I-131 was NOT for a re-entry permit but for advance parole. So the answer is NO.

I have asked for your post to be redirected to the proper forum ... marriage-based visa
Thank you very much for your replies, apologies for posting it in the wrong section.

When posting does it all get sent to the I765 address? Furthermore, I know some people send their package in 2 envelopes one for each form is this recommended or can you send all together non stapled but sorted with a paperlcip?
Old Mar 24th 2018, 12:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for your replies, apologies for posting it in the wrong section.

When posting does it all get sent to the I765 address? Furthermore, I know some people send their package in 2 envelopes one for each form is this recommended or can you send all together non stapled but sorted with a paperlcip?
Send it to the same address, in the same envelope, with a clip separating them into two separate stand alone petitions.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Send it to the same address, in the same envelope, with a clip separating them into two separate stand alone petitions.
Thank you u believe it gets sent to the Chicago address.
USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Old Mar 24th 2018, 4:24 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It is not always a separate document. Quite often a joint EAD/advance parole card is issued. That said, CIS practice is inconsistent. Go figure.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
It is not always a separate document. Quite often a joint EAD/advance parole card is issued. That said, CIS practice is inconsistent. Go figure.
That's interesting, though in terms of that question I answered now I assume that is still correct.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 7:25 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting, though in terms of that question I answered now I assume that is still correct.
Your questions were quite reasonable. A couple general points -

My professional colleagues actually disagree on the answers;

Old saw that pursuit of perfection is the enemy of good enough;

As in basketball, the rubric of "no harm, no foul" often applies.

More specific to the applications at hand - attach copies of the I-797 filing receipts ("NOA1" in forumspeak). Also attach copy of current card.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Your questions were quite reasonable. A couple general points -

My professional colleagues actually disagree on the answers;

Old saw that pursuit of perfection is the enemy of good enough;

As in basketball, the rubric of "no harm, no foul" often applies.

More specific to the applications at hand - attach copies of the I-797 filing receipts ("NOA1" in forumspeak). Also attach copy of current card.
I meant to say no instead of now in my prior post apologies, your post made me chuckle I guess I try to be a perfectionist at times I will make sure to attach the file in receipts

Many Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Just for reference, my EAD and AP were seperate. My EAD card had on the front of it "not valid for re-entry to the US" and my AP was paper based.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.