Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Removing conditions on green card

Removing conditions on green card

Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removing conditions on green card

Well those two years sure flew by!

I received a letter from USCIS recently (and wasn't it nice to forget all about them for a bit?) requiring me to file I-751.

I have read the information on the government website and older posts on this forum about removing conditions and it seems straight forward enough.

I was just wondering if there was anything else I should include when I send off the package.

I've got the joint bank account statements, car insurance, health insurance etc. Been together since our early twenties and now in our 30's and submitted that history when we did the AOS so I'm hoping there won't be any trouble. (Fingers crossed, the trump administration has had me uneasy with its anti immigrant stance).

I was also wondering, is it worth printing off tonnes of photos this time around? as every dealing with immigration, even back at the embassy in London, they've just skipped past it all and gone straight to the financial bits.

One final word, I saw Iain has called it quits. Very sad and much respect and thanks is owed to him. He certainly helped me, along with many others.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removing conditions on green card

No, you do not need tonnes / tons of photographs. Two or three might be nice if they show the two of you together at a family gathering or on vacation. They are not necessary and not a definitive proof that you two have still together and in a viable marriage.

Include your tax returns for the last two years that show you are filing married (joint or separate), a little evidence from each of the last two years, not just one year and you should be fine.

On a personal opinion note, I don't see President Trump as being anti-immigration. I do see that he is anti-illegal immigrants, both those now present in the US and those hoping to become so in the future.