Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Removal of conditions and citizenship.

Removal of conditions and citizenship.

Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

billybongo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal of conditions and citizenship.

Hi,
I came to the US on a K1 visa and have had my green card since February 2015.

I have filed Form I-751 and attended my bio-metrics appointment in March 2017. My service center is Vermont.

My latest receipt number shows no information on the USCIS site and I have read this is normal according to other forum posts.

Can I apply for citizenship before the removal of the green card conditions?

I have read that I can apply 90 days before 3 years of permanent residency which would be this month.

Should I wait for the I-751 process to complete? Is the lack of information on the USCIS site when using my EAC number normal?

Thank you!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of conditions and citizenship.

From what I've read, filing the N400 will ensure the I-751 will be adjudicated as the N400 cannot be completed without it.

I know one of the regulars has mentioned before that they applied for citizenship while their ROC was still pending and it was fine, I think a lot of people do this as the I-751 is one of the lowest priority applications and can take a while to process.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it when you are eligible. Hubby had to do this in order to finally get the I-751 adjudicated when it took over a year. The I-751 was approved two weeks before the naturalization interview.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 1:05 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybongo123
Hi,
I came to the US on a K1 visa and have had my green card since February 2015.

I have filed Form I-751 and attended my bio-metrics appointment in March 2017. My service center is Vermont.

My latest receipt number shows no information on the USCIS site and I have read this is normal according to other forum posts.

Can I apply for citizenship before the removal of the green card conditions?

I have read that I can apply 90 days before 3 years of permanent residency which would be this month.

Should I wait for the I-751 process to complete? Is the lack of information on the USCIS site when using my EAC number normal?

Thank you!
YES. Do it now, before the price goes up again, or Trump changes the rules!