Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

received notice saying pr status is terminated

received notice saying pr status is terminated

Old Apr 19th 2017, 3:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: received notice saying pr status is terminated

Your defense is that the RFE was not received.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

groot is an unknown quantity at this point

i find it incredibly frustrating that a) they don't send these rfe's with signature required and b) they don't send a second letter just in case
Old Apr 19th 2017, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by groot
i find it incredibly frustrating that a) they don't send these rfe's with signature required and b) they don't send a second letter just in case
You seem to think that the problem is with US immigration. It isn't! As I mentioned 5 days ago, the problem is with the post office... they are the ones who didn't deliver the notice. Since they don't tell US immigration that a notice wasn't delivered, how can you possibly expect US immigration to know that they need to send a second letter. From their point of view, their first letter was correctly delivered and you simply failed to respond.

I understand that you think this is US immigration's fault, but I'm pretty sure they're not the ones at fault here. It doesn't matter that you want it to be their fault... once they put a letter in their outbox, responsibility shifts to the USPS!

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2017, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

i totally understand where you're coming from, i'm just saying they could send out their letters with signatures requires/recorded delivery, to avoid this
Old Apr 19th 2017, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i'm just saying they could send out their letters with signatures requires/recorded delivery, to avoid this
Yes - I agree with this. It would make the process more reliable - but since only a handful of letters out of many hundreds of thousands don't get delivered they likely don't see it as a compelling reason to change the status quo!

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My lawyer sent me a check in the 6 figures return receipt requested, signature required, the f'ing postal service left it in the rural mailbox without even coming to the door. Did not want to leave the confines of his mail truck.

Why do they have to do that? Because a half a percent of their mailings might not make the person who it is intended for?

Yes, it is frustrating. But your situation is correctable. You are not going to be picked up and deported.

Plus it is expensive to mail things that way. So what do you think you forgot to include in your I-751 package that resulted in a RFE?

Last edited by Rete; Apr 19th 2017 at 5:07 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

you know, i was thinking about that, called uscis earlier and am awaiting a call back from a higher up to see if i can found out what the rfe requested.

with the i751 filing, submitted a whole bunch to support our relationship. photos over the two years, joint loan for a big item, joint bank account, showing each other on the others life insurance, etc. if they're doubting our relationship maybe i can show them the three year old tattoo i have of her name, ha

i have a feeling it's either a mistake, something they already have, or about my middle name. my middle name is on 2 yr green card, but i didn't include it in my i751 application (including a letter explaining why i don't wish to use it, too)
Old Apr 25th 2017, 1:38 am
Just Joined

just an update, and info for anyone who comes across the similar situation, as the first replier was wrong

spoke to my immigration lawyer today, and i am still able to live and work here, removal proceedings take a long time

i found out that if an rfe isn't sent it, they are supposed to set up an interview at your closest center, not terminate the petition and residency

my lawyer is very confident of getting this turned around and getting fees refunded, with that above fact, and that the case status site never showed me an rfe being sent

i'll continue with updates as and when i have them, thanks
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

spoke to my immigration lawyer today, and i am still able to live and work here, removal proceedings take a long time
Your status has been terminated - and you have already received notice of that termination. Getting the case through the system may take a long time, but that's not the same thing as being able to continue to live/work in the US. Your status has already been terminated.

i found out that if an rfe isn't sent it, they are supposed to set up an interview at your closest center, not terminate the petition and residency
The RFE was sent... even if it was not delivered. What they are supposed to do is irrelevant, since the RFE was sent.

my lawyer is very confident...
I suggest you find another lawyer.

... and that the case status site never showed me an rfe being sent
This is irrelevant - since the case status site is completely unreliable and they have no obligation to update the site.

Ian
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:37 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The website updates are not reliable at all.

Rene
You say this, yet at every stage of my immigration journey they have been highly accurate.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You say this, yet at every stage of my immigration journey they have been highly accurate.
During my (now) wife's I-129F petition it said that it was still awaiting petition approval even after the approved petition was sent to the embassy.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I'll revise to say they aren't necessarily reliable. In each individual case, they may or may not be. Therefore, don't rely too heavily on the updates.

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:08 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'll revise to say they aren't necessarily reliable. In each individual case, they may or may not be. Therefore, don't rely too heavily on the updates.

Rene
OK. That I can agree with
Old Apr 25th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

just because it isn't reliable doesn't mean it is right
if they're willing to create and offer out this case status website on official letters they should at least maintain it efficiently
Old Apr 25th 2017, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

if they're willing to create and offer out this case status website on official letters they should at least maintain it efficiently
I agree - yes, they should. But they don't. They do it as a courtesy... not because they have to! I believe they should close down the website and stop the updates - because it seems to cause more anxiety than benefit.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.