Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Realistic moving date/requirements

Realistic moving date/requirements

Old Mar 19th 2017, 4:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic moving date/requirements

Originally Posted by joey_d
We are slightly confused about the best way to do this, as it looks as if the "sponsor" has to be domiciled in the US, which I am not - so getting some help with this tomorrow.
London only needs to see proof of intent to domicile. This should be paper proof of cutting ties to the UK and establishing ties to the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2017, 4:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
London only needs to see proof of intent to domicile. This should be paper proof of cutting ties to the UK and establishing ties to the USA. .....
IMO, "proof of" should be "evidence of preparation for" e.g. correspondence with an estate agent to sell or rent out your home in the UK, a draft of your resignation letter, papers related to your search for a home and/or employment in the US, etc.

In any case whatever you call it, it's going to be a bit sketchy and I don't recall ever hearing of a visa application failing because of insufficient evidence of intent to domicile in the US.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 19th 2017 at 4:35 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

joey_d is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, Great - I am sure I can get all of this together quite easily. However, would this be a different "intent" to domicile form rather than the I-864EZ? Or should we just leave the majority of these sections blank, and hope the supporting evidence is enough? Just don't want to delay the process anymore
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Noorah,

Didn't really know this was an option, so that advice is very helpful! We found this most recent visit (to get daughter a US passport) quite pleasant, and the staff helpful.

So reading your's and Pulaski's comments I think I will get a termination of lease for current property, proof that I am setting up the company as a US Inc. and as much supporting evidence as possible.

J
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The evidence of intent to domicile is not used on the I-864 or I-864EZ.

There is no form for Intent to Domicile. It's just your collection of evidence.

There are set requirements to be able to use form I-864EZ. I don't know if you meet the requirements. If not, you must use form I-864.

Rene

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2017, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Rene,

I think I will definitely need the I-864.