Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

Old Jul 20th 2015, 4:21 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

English88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

My interview notice finally turned up in the post (via USPS forwarding) and it has all the interview details. I've booked flights to FL and a car for a couple of days - we'll stay with a friend for the night for a 7:15am interview on August 12th. The office is literally a two minute drive from my old apartment haha...

Seeing as both my wife and I have left the employment we had when filing I-864, do we need to do a new one and take it with us? My wife is currently unemployed and interviewing for jobs in NC but that shouldn't matter too much as we were basing the household income on salary anyway which is obviously above the 125% poverty rate.

Last edited by English88; Jul 20th 2015 at 4:24 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you need to bring a new I-864 to the interview, with proof of new current income.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2015, 5:13 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

English88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll use my signed offer letter and my 1 payslip for proof
Old Aug 12th 2015, 12:59 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

Just had interview in the Oakland Park, Florida office. 7.15 interview, got in around 8ish and was interviewed by a pleasant young lady from DC.

Interview went fine, just asked about how we met and some dates and gave her some photos and joint leases etc. Didn't really ask us about our work or salaries.

She said she sees no reason why it won't be approved so should expect to get a letter with the decision in the next couple of weeks and then my GC a couple of weeks after that.

I anticipate the removal of conditions interview being much more stringent. Basically just flew to Florida for a quick chat with this one!
Old Aug 12th 2015, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English88
She said she sees no reason why it won't be approved so should expect to get a letter with the decision in the next couple of weeks and then my GC a couple of weeks after that.
Excellent. Congratulations!

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2015, 1:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

There is very rarely an interview for the removal of conditions. That's usually all just paperwork.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2015, 6:48 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

Thanks guys. Just got email to say case was updated and card is in production. That was pretty quick!