Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

ellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond reputeellie_gbr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to file I-130 and 1-485?

I appreciate that the i130 is filled out by my husband - it was just easier to say my forms as they are for my potential AOS.

Anyway, I won't include my tax returns as they aren't specifically asked for and my income isn't used. I have my transcripts so can easily send them if necessary.

Just waiting on our marriage certificate to be sent back to US from Texas now.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:36 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

English88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on my case.

I-765 has been approved after requesting expedite, not sure if they will do I-131 at the same time or not though. Very happy as means I can start my new job in North Carolina on the planned date.

I-485 remains at RFE received.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

DottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English88
Quick update on my case.

I-765 has been approved after requesting expedite, not sure if they will do I-131 at the same time or not though. Very happy as means I can start my new job in North Carolina on the planned date.

I-485 remains at RFE received.
Its all moving along much quicker than I thought it would so you must be excited at the progress.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 2:56 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

English88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DottM
Its all moving along much quicker than I thought it would so you must be excited at the progress.

I am! I'm obviously looking forward to getting GC but the EAD was the most important thing so to know that's approved was a relief!

The case status still hasn't been updated on USCIS but I'm told that's nothing to worry about as they often neglect it. It did get a LUD on the 20th of June though (a Saturday!?) so guessing that was for the approval that happened on the 19th.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 12:10 am
Trash Eatin' Duck

Combined EAD and advanced parole card was delivered today and my USCIS online case status was updated for the FIRST time since Case Received to say it had been delivered (literally 10 minutes after I opened the mail). Useful.

Now onwards to North Carolina and my new job!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

DottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond repute

Combined EAD and advanced parole card was delivered today and my USCIS online case status was updated for the FIRST time since Case Received to say it had been delivered (literally 10 minutes after I opened the mail). Useful.

Now onwards to North Carolina and my new job!
Congrats!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 2:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you take all the necessary steps to change your address with USCIS.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2015, 2:07 am
Trash Eatin' Duck

I have filed AR-11 and my wife sent an I-865 to the Texas office (it handles cases for Florida and NC). I did call them too but they said I can't change my address until I have actually moved so I'll do that when I get to NC on Thursday.

Will set up USPS forwarding and change my address with them just before I leave FL too.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 3:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have filed AR-11 and my wife sent an I-865 to the Texas office (it handles cases for Florida and NC).
You need to know that this will not actually change your address for an ongoing case. It's a reporting requirement only that tells them where your physical body is located... it doesn't change your mailing address.

I did call them too but they said I can't change my address until I have actually moved so I'll do that when I get to NC on Thursday.
This will help. Also, contact the local office in NC to let them know... and follow up with all of them a few weeks later.

Will set up USPS forwarding and change my address with them just before I leave FL too.
You also need to know that official government mail isn't always forwarded by USPS. It's a bit hit and miss.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:33 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

Okay so all addressed have been changed and confirmed to my new home in NC. I'm now working at a Google Tech Hub and it is f**** awesome.

USCIS updated my I-485 case to Interview and Testing last night so hoping that the letter comes to the updated address but if I don't have it within a week or so, I'll give them a call. Interview is on the 12th of August and I'm really hoping it's not going to be back down in FL!
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:03 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

Ok as I expected, they didn't update my address properly and the interview notice went to my old apartment in Florida with the interview scheduled in FL on the 12th of August (no idea what time).

The USCIS customer care said all I can do is write a letter to the local office in FL asking them to send the case to North Carolina local office but I really do not have any trust in that. The letter would probably end up on a pile and the interview date would pass and would end up abandoning the application.

Reckon I should I just suck it up and fly back down to FL for the interview? I need to get my hands on the notice too so I actually know what I need to bring/what time it is etc. Such a pain in the backside.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Ok as I expected, they didn't update my address properly and the interview notice went to my old apartment in Florida with the interview scheduled in FL on the 12th of August (no idea what time).
Sorry... we did try to warn you! Anyway, hope you get it sorted out! Best of luck.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:22 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

I followed all of the steps to change my address but they didn't get it done in time. I think we'll just fly to FL for a couple of days... In the meantime I'll try and get hold of the notice somehow so I actually know what time it is.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 5:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How did you find out the notice went to your old address? If the new home owners have the notice, did they let you know? If you trust them, have them scan the notice to you... the time should be on it.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2015, 7:39 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How did you find out the notice went to your old address? If the new home owners have the notice, did they let you know? If you trust them, have them scan the notice to you... the time should be on it.

Rene
Second line support at USCIS told me it was sent to the previous address and the location of my interview.

I don't know the guy renting the apartment now but I know he's a pilot and hardly ever there so getting hold of the original notice is going to be a pain so instead I'm trying to get USCIS second line support to fax it to me. Just waiting on a call back now - the queues are long today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.