Reload this Page >

Ready to book the interview.

Ready to book the interview.

Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

vinnyboy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ready to book the interview.

Hi there,

i have completed the ds109 form, got all the docs ready and done Notification of Applicant Readiness.

im not sure where i need to go to book the interview? isit the purple website the non immigrant Visa website or immigrant Visa ((green web page) .

sorry for the silly question.

thanks
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to book the interview.

Originally Posted by vinnyboy1979
i have completed the ds109 form...
I'm not sure that's a real form number. Can you please clarify?

is it the purple website the non immigrant Visa website or immigrant Visa ((green web page) .
Well... are you pursuing an immigrant or a non-immigrant visa? Hint: if you don't become a US permanent resident the day you enter the US, it's likely a non-immigrant visa.

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

vinnyboy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry meant ds-160, im at work trying to sort this out , people really need to stop coming in the office. lol

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

not sure which one i need complete for the next stage to book the interview.

in the process doing the K1 route.

thanks
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:24 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry meant ds-160, im at work trying to sort this out , people really need to stop coming in the office. lol

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

not sure which one i need complete for the next stage to book the interview.

in the process doing the K1 route.

thanks
It's the non-immigrant that you want. The immigrant one is for IR-1/CR-1 (and others) who have their appointments set by the NVC and have to register them online. The non-immigrant one is for choosing your own appointment (as K-1s do).
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

not sure which one i need complete for the next stage to book the interview....
With respect, the form you completed said right on it what type of visa it's for. Even the web site for the form says specifically what type of visa it's for. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out on your own.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

mv72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a bit confused as my interview was booked via the green page where it said

I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.

I paid the correct fee and received a confirmation too.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Just to let you know when going on the purple page for niv

The options are
  • I am a diplomat, other government official, Fulbright Scholar, or participant in another U.S. Government sponsored program.
  • I have completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa application (DS-160) form and I need to apply for a visa.
  • I am a Company, Travel Agency or Other Organization that needs to schedule appointments for a group of people.
  • I need to apply for a K (FiancĂ©(e)/Spouse/Child) visa
  • None of the above applies to me

If you click of the apply for K visa it takes you to the green page with a few lines of info and some links, I dont think its the 2nd option because your not applying for a visa but scheduling a interview.

The London site also mentions the IV link for booking Fiance visa's appointments https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/the-interview/

Last edited by mv72; Jan 17th 2017 at 11:15 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mv72
If you click of the apply for K visa it takes you to the green page with a few lines of info and some links...
Correct. The K-1 is listed on the purple page because the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. The link takes you to the green page because even though the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, it is processed as though it was an immigrant visa.

Bottom line - you chose correctly. In future, I suggest that you don't doubt your own ability to make correct decisions.

Ian
Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Correct. The K-1 is listed on the purple page because the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. The link takes you to the green page because even though the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, it is processed as though it was an immigrant visa.

Bottom line - you chose correctly. In future, I suggest that you don't doubt your own ability to make correct decisions.

Ian
Ha cheers Ian

When it takes you to the green page via the purple k1 apply for a visa it's only the hyperlinks from the embassy on how to apply for a K1 from the very start.

The IV link is the one that should be used when booking any k1 fiancé visa appointments, the Embassy have a slideshow about it too.