re: I-751

Old Feb 12th 2001, 6:36 am
Ed Chernenkoff

Hi all

Just about to file the I-751 and had a question about the supporting documents..

My wife and I have a number of joint bank accounts, bank cards, charge cards, etc. and was
wondering if it would be permissible to black out the account numbers and balances on our
statements?? I see no reason for the INS to see how much we have in the bank (not much) or
how much we owe on our charge cards (nil).. Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Ed (Can) & Serena (US)..

Old Feb 12th 2001, 11:28 am
mjones

>Just about to file the I-751 and had a question about the supporting documents..
>
>My wife and I have a number of joint bank accounts, bank cards, charge cards, etc. and
>was wondering if it would be permissible to black out the account numbers and balances on
>our statements?? I see no reason for the INS to see how much we have in the bank (not
>much) or how much we owe on our charge cards (nil).. Any thoughts would be appreciated..

*Any* thoughts? Here is what I think, if you want to blank out the balances, fine, just
tell us what happens. You are trying to convince the INS with evidence, and avoid an
interview. Any financial information submitted would reflect only a "moment in time", but
if you are truly concerned, then do not submit financial records. Submit other evidence
instead. Mike

Old Feb 13th 2001, 3:23 am
MoonRose13

Dear Ed,

<< My wife and I have a number of joint bank accounts, bank cards, charge cards, etc.
and was wondering if it would be permissible to black out the account numbers and
balances on our statements?? I see no reason for the INS to see how much we have in the
bank (not much) or how much we owe on our charge cards (nil).. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.. >>

The purpose of showing the last three months of a potential immigrant's and/or his/her
sponsor's bank accounts is to show the INS that the immigrant will not go on welfare. So
the INS will need to see how much you do have in your bank accounts. It is not enough for
them to see you have bank accounts.

Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Feb 13th 2001, 7:15 am
Ed Chernenkoff

thanks will leave them intact and visible

Ed

MoonRose13 wrote:

> Dear Ed,
>
> << My wife and I have a number of joint bank accounts, bank cards, charge cards, etc.
> and was wondering if it would be permissible to black out the account numbers and
> balances on our statements?? I see no reason for the INS to see how much we have in the
> bank (not much) or how much we owe on our charge cards (nil).. Any thoughts would be
> appreciated.. >>
>
> The purpose of showing the last three months of a potential immigrant's and/or his/her
> sponsor's bank accounts is to show the INS that the immigrant will not go on welfare. So
> the INS will need to see how much you do have in your bank accounts. It is not enough
> for them to see you have bank accounts.
>
> Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Feb 13th 2001, 4:15 pm
sine nomine

MoonRose13 wrote:

: The purpose of showing the last three months of a potential immigrant's and/or his/her
: sponsor's bank accounts is to show the INS that the immigrant will not go on welfare. So
: the INS will need to see how much you do have in your bank accounts. It is not enough
: for them to see you have bank accounts.

first, this would be true only in a visa interview or aos interview in which the usc was
relying on assets for the affidavit of support. he's talking about the i-751, removal of
conditions, where the point is just to show the ins that you've commingled your assets.

also, in a situation where the bank accounts were being used as evidence in an i-134 or
i-864, the ins/dos *would* want to know the value of the assets -- it becomes very
important to them to know that you can make the minimum level of support required.

you seem to be a kind person, and i think you mean well, but you should research your
answers a little more thoroughly (and remember that dcf is very different from other sorts
of i-130 filings and from the i-129f/k-1 process).

--
sine | deb who has no idea about the original poster's question. maybe take two opies and
offer blacked-out ones first?