Quick I-134 Question

Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick I-134 Question

Hi All,

For some reason PNC were only able to provide us with a letter saying the date account was open and current balance, not the amount paid in over the last 12 months (The I-134 Instruction suggest this is what you include). Instead they've provided us with 12 months worth of statements. I have put a cover sheet on top of these statements explaining PNC were unable to provide this in a letter and summarised the deposits in the statements.

I assume this should be OK for my K1 interview?
Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick I-134 Question

I wouldn't include a cover letter stating what you don't have. Just use the letter from the bank, a letter from your employer, and a few current pay stubs.

Are you basing your financial scenario mostly on savings, or income?

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
The I-134 Instruction suggest this is what you include.
Correct... it's a suggestion only. Don't imagine things to be necessary when, in fact, they aren't.

Instead they've provided us with 12 months worth of statements.
This will be fine.

I have put a cover sheet on top of these statements explaining PNC were unable to provide this in a letter and summarised the deposits in the statements.
Don't bother with the cover sheet. US immigration has no interest in how the money got there, or what PNC was or wasn't able to provide! As you, yourself, noted - having the information was a suggestion only! Don't give US immigration any irrelevant information... it'll only confuse them!

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both, we're using income alone to qualify and have got the letter from employer too. Appreciate the advice.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Anthony.DeSouza is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got back from my (SUCCESSFUL) K1 Visa interview - I will be posting about my experience separately.

I only handed over my American fiancee's I-134 form, along with her letter of employment and they were good with that. I had her monthly pay slip and also her original W2 from 2014 but they were not interested in seeing those, and just told me to keep that for my future "adjustment of status" after we marry.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Anthony, that's good to know. Congratulations on getting your K1!
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I was overly worrying, but my overall experience was that they were kind and helpful. If you do get to interview and have assembled the correct documents, the rest is a formality. Mine was casual : asked me, How did you meet? What does your fiancee do? Does she have kids? What are their names? Have you ever been married? then BOOM out of nowhere: APPROVED!
Old Oct 7th 2015, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's awesome. I've got my interview on the 26th October so not long to wait! It sounds like the interview it quite the anti-climax, at least that's what I'm hoping for!
Old Oct 8th 2015, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Sound like you will do great. The extra stuff will still be good to compile for your later Adjustment of Status after you get married but and I was happier being over prepared.

My only hiccup in the pre-interview application process was getting confused about what form was necessary and this forum instructed me it was the I-134 and NOT the I-864 - and barely survived the fiancée yelling at me about wasting her weekend filling in the wrong form
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me again, so impressively we managed to somehow spell my first name wrong on the I-134 (not on the who is this form for bit, but under the I have submitted a petition for bit), I missed out the N in Daniel! Hopefully my Fiancee will be able to correct, print, sign and send to me before my interview on the 26th October, but worse case scenario do you think it would be a big issue if either I present the form with the typo or present a signed form that has been scanned, emailed and printed, rather than an original?
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just for reference it's section 10 of this form http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...form/i-134.pdf
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd bring the one with the typo. The ConOff can correct it at the interview.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rene
Old Oct 13th 2015, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
... we managed to somehow spell my first name wrong on the I-134...
Since the I-134 is legally unenforceable, I suspect it won't matter one whit.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2015, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good to know!