Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A question I hope someone can answer

A question I hope someone can answer

Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

idawmn will become famous soon enough
Default A question I hope someone can answer

I'm sending in an I-90 for my son and I to have our 2 year cards changed (corrected) to 10 year cards. The new procedure (which came out last year) also calls for us handing in our original residency cards. This is being sent to Nebraska. I posted my story below on my situation in another post.

This will probably sound like a very dumb question but should my son and I have gotten a fingerprint done of our index fingers and as well signed some kind of card for this new 10 year card at our local office when I was there today? I'm thinking back to the time when my son and I were getting our 2 year cards and having to go through this procedure.

Thanks.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:36 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question I hope someone can answer

Originally Posted by idawmn
This will probably sound like a very dumb question but should my son and I have gotten a fingerprint done of our index fingers and as well signed some kind of card for this new 10 year card at our local office when I was there today?
Probably not, but since I don't know anything about your case or what offices you are dealing with the best I can say is "probably" not.

For most (if not all by now) offices, the new procedure is to have prints taken at the application support center. Most (if not all by now) application support centers use new electronic fingerprinting machines.

The old procedure was for the local office (at the time of the AOS interview) to collect an old-fashioned "ink" fingerprint (index finger) and signature on a small card that was then sent to the card manufacturing facility.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question I hope someone can answer

Originally Posted by idawmn
I'm sending in an I-90 for my son and I to have our 2 year cards changed (corrected) to 10 year cards. The new procedure (which came out last year) also calls for us handing in our original residency cards. This is being sent to Nebraska. I posted my story below on my situation in another post.

This will probably sound like a very dumb question but should my son and I have gotten a fingerprint done of our index fingers and as well signed some kind of card for this new 10 year card at our local office when I was there today? I'm thinking back to the time when my son and I were getting our 2 year cards and having to go through this procedure.

Thanks.
hi M,
one confusing thing about what Boise did is giving you an I-90. I think the form we completed was an I-89 (the officer completed it, actually). For the 10 year card post I-751, a fingerprint *was* collected at that appointment.

I wonder if Boise is acknowledging that your 2 year card was issued in error, and are handling it as if you should've been correctly issued the 10 year card & therefore they use a different re-order method?

Isn't it fun to be different?!