Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question for form i-130

Question for form i-130

Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for form i-130

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you are already legally married, you can't get married again.

You can have a renewal of vows ceremony or a ceremony to celebrate your wedding but you can't officially marry again.
Yeah the place is well aware of the situation put poeple at the ceremony will not know this as we can still read out the vows but we will not need to sign any marriage certificate again.
Old Nov 18th 2017, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stu_blue
Hi,

We have a date booked for the wedding on October 20th next year so regardless of this process I would come over anyway for 2 weeks then fly back to the UK. I could come over on an ESTA.

We are married so this is just for everyone who never came to the wedding and who also don't know we are married already.

Hopefully the process will be quicker
I would suggest, for the sake of clarity, that you use different terminology for the event next year. Purely because it can be a little confusing to read within one post that you "have a date booked for the wedding next year" and also "we are married". Just a thought.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

I am about to send off my forms and just want to clarify for all sections which are left blank like interpreter etc do i put a line through?

I am also filling out the G-1145. Does it have to be the petitioner (my wife) or can me as the beneficiary put my email down?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 5:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am about to send off my forms and just want to clarify for all sections which are left blank like interpreter etc do i put a line through?
That should be fine.

I am also filling out the G-1145. Does it have to be the petitioner (my wife) or can me as the beneficiary put my email down?
It can be you.

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That should be fine.

It can be you.

Rene
Thanks Rene.

I noticed on the instructions it did not say anything about signing the passport photo's my wife and me are going to send. Do we need to sign them?
Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene.

I noticed on the instructions it did not say anything about signing the passport photo's my wife and me are going to send. Do we need to sign them?
If the instructions do not tell you to sign them, then you don't need to.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2017, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

My documents were sent today to the address in Chicago to USCIS at South Dearborn address.

I received the confirmation form the tracked postage vis UPS but it was a little odd and did where they said it was delivered too. Wondered if anyone else had the same delivery message when they sent theirs to the Chicago address?

Delivered to - Chicago, IL, US
Received by - CHYBA
Left at - DOCK

Not sure what the left at dock means?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Delivered to - Chicago, IL, US
Received by - CHYBA
Left at - DOCK

Not sure what the left at dock means?
Loading & delivery dock. The truck parked the lading dock and it was delivered there.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

So my case was accepted today and sent to Nebraska. I seen they are only processing cases from jan 2017.

This has me a little concerned as we are now in December so does this mean this could take a very long time to get to the next stage? How up to date is the USCIS processing site I got this info from?

Based on some searching between different nebraska times I have seen in 3 month slots they were processing January 2017 in July and February 2017 in September so could it be March 2018 before this is even looked at?

I know this has ranged from 6 months to 10 months for the whole process pending issues but this blows that out the water and will be a lot longer than that

Last edited by stu_blue; Dec 4th 2017 at 8:52 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

So my case was accepted today and sent to Nebraska. I seen they are only processing cases from jan 2017.

This has me a little concerned as we are now in December so does this mean this could take a very long time to get to the next stage? How up to date is the USCIS processing site I got this info from?
The processing timelines on the USCIS website are updated (usually) every month (I noticed sometimes they would miss a month), but it's still best to take any dates they quote with a pinch of salt. Their workload increases and decrases, and timelines slow down and speed up so frequently that it's impossible to judge how long things are taking - perhaps use it as a rough average. Prepare for a long wait and hope for a short one!

I know of somebody going through the CR-1 process who submitted her I-130 in mid-March this year - I believe hers is also in Nebraska, and she is yet to receive her NOA1. Fingers crossed they will start to speed up again soon - don't lose hope, you will get there when you get there and it will all be worth it.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
The processing timelines on the USCIS website are updated (usually) every month (I noticed sometimes they would miss a month), but it's still best to take any dates they quote with a pinch of salt. Their workload increases and decrases, and timelines slow down and speed up so frequently that it's impossible to judge how long things are taking - perhaps use it as a rough average. Prepare for a long wait and hope for a short one!

I know of somebody going through the CR-1 process who submitted her I-130 in mid-March this year - I believe hers is also in Nebraska, and she is yet to receive her NOA1. Fingers crossed they will start to speed up again soon - don't lose hope, you will get there when you get there and it will all be worth it.
That does not sound good at all if she did hers 9 months before me and still has not heard.

Well the one good thing is my US wife is coming over in February for a few weeks to see me and I will be heading over to see her a few times in between this process. I applied for my ESTA again as it had ran out and got that all approved last week.

It's going to be hard as we found out she is 5 weeks pregnant so we are both overjoyed but it's going to be tough if this does take that long to approve.

I guess as long as I am up front and truthful with immigration I can visit a few times along the way and be over there for the birth of our child.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

That does not sound good at all if she did hers 9 months before me and still has not heard.

Well the one good thing is my US wife is coming over in February for a few weeks to see me and I will be heading over to see her a few times in between this process. I applied for my ESTA again as it had ran out and got that all approved last week.

It's going to be hard as we found out she is 5 weeks pregnant so we are both overjoyed but it's going to be tough if this does take that long to approve.

I guess as long as I am up front and truthful with immigration I can visit a few times along the way and be over there for the birth of our child.
Congratulations!

Yes, visit as often as you are able and want to. And let's hope Nebraska speed up a little in the meantime. Try not to focus too much on other peoples' timelines - some are very long while others are very short. Mine took a few months longer than the suggested average, while some people here recently flew through the process comparatively quickly. We all talk about focusing on the goal, not the journey, which is good advice, but I do know how hard that is. The visiting will help!

I don't know if pregnancy is considered an 'emergency situation' (perhaps somebody else here might?), but if so, it might be worth researching whether or not you could have your case expedited: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria. I don't know if the request is put in before or after your paperwork reaches the NVC (I know nothing about this, sorry - I just know it's a process that exists), and I have no idea about the success rate of such requests, but maybe it's an option? (Edit: I've just had a quick Google - the sources are questionable, but there are quite a few suggestions all over the Interwebs that pregnancy doesn't count as an emergency situation. )

Fortunately your wife is just at the beginning of her pregnancy, so even if you're not living in America by the time of the birth (I hope you are ), hopefully it will be soon after and you won't have to miss too many of your son or daughter's early days.

Last edited by KK85; Dec 4th 2017 at 10:42 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 10:12 pm

Pregnancy is not considered an emergency for expediting the process.

The whole process (from filing I-130 to visa interview) should take around 10 - 12 months.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2017, 10:35 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Pregnancy is not considered an emergency for expediting the process.

The whole process (from filing I-130 to visa interview) should take around 10 - 12 months.

Rene
A problematic pregnancy can be considered a reason. Otherwise, you are correct.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 11:43 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by KK85

I agree with this post. However, on a somewhat pedantic note, I would not add the word "line" to "time." Note the link refers only to "time" and provides only one point - the filing date of the oldest case "on the shelf." It takes two points to define a "line."

There is an all too human tendency to extrapolate future from the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.