Reload this Page >

Question: CR-1 timeline with criminal record

Question: CR-1 timeline with criminal record

Old May 1st 2016, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question: CR-1 timeline with criminal record

Originally Posted by Boiler
I looked quickly back over previous threads and see this issue has been repeatedly mentioned and ignored.

So I am sure you will just carry on ignoring these comments.

As an aside soiling oneself at 2 does not ban you from immigrating to the US.
Mrs. here...
It's not that we have ignored the threads and any advice given...it's that something will contradict, or we'll read something and think, "does this make a difference?". So you must understand that we aren't blatantly ignoring what advice the other kind posters have offered to us.

Originally Posted by JPROPS72
Reducing the situation to one of toddlers soiling themselves doesn't change the law or your situation. You are a convicted drug dealer/supplier call it what you will and you remain so in the eyes of US immigration law. It may not be to your liking and it may not be "fair" in your eyes or anyone elses, but it is a fact. There are a plethora of immigration lawyer offices that have information available to you online. You'll find that they state the very same information that everyone here is trying to give you.

Not liking it doesn't make it inaccurate, but the sooner you stop wasting your time and money on this the better off you will be. There is no waiver for supply of Class A drugs. Period.
Additionally, you cannot begin to understand what our family is going through right now. To think that there is no way to permanently be with my husband with the exception of a few intermittent short visits throughout the year...this is pure heartbreak...there are 2 small children involved as well. I don't see how "better off" we'll be in any scenario, even the one you suggest when we should stop wasting our time and money. There appears to be no "better off" for us whatsoever, so please forgive us both if we're grasping at any sliver of hope.
Old May 1st 2016, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theJBs
Mrs. here...
It's not that we have ignored the threads and any advice given...it's that something will contradict, or we'll read something and think, "does this make a difference?". So you must understand that we aren't blatantly ignoring what advice the other kind posters have offered to us.

Additionally, you cannot begin to understand what our family is going through right now. To think that there is no way to permanently be with my husband with the exception of a few intermittent short visits throughout the year...this is pure heartbreak...there are 2 small children involved as well. I don't see how "better off" we'll be in any scenario, even the one you suggest when we should stop wasting our time and money. There appears to be no "better off" for us whatsoever, so please forgive us both if we're grasping at any sliver of hope.
I participated in some of the past threads, nothing I recollect was contradictory. Nor have I sen anything.

Immigration is a two way street.

Struck me as odd you posted about timelines when there is a much bigger elephant in the room.
Old May 1st 2016, 5:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs. here...

Why can't you immigrate to his country?

Rene
Old May 1st 2016, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Why can't you immigrate to his country?

Rene
I have 2 children from a previous relationship. Their father is minimally involved and won't allow them to move as his last stitch effort to be a complete _____. Otherwise, trust me, I'd much rather raise my children in the UK. PLUS Mr and I want to have a child of our own...what kind of situation would that be now???
Old May 1st 2016, 5:23 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I totally understand and sympathise. I know there's a good reason why the law can't have any grey areas, but I also wish they could take a more lenient view towards juvenile stupidity when the person has been a model citizen since.
Old May 1st 2016, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Where a father is minimal involved it seems the issue of child support can be a useful bargaining tool.
Old May 1st 2016, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Their father is minimally involved and won't allow them to move as his last stitch effort to be a complete...
I know you're trying to find a solution, so I'll throw this out there and let you decide if it's an avenue you're able to pursue. Is it possible to get a court order to remove the children from US jurisdiction? If so, that would clear the path for you to move to the UK. I've no idea how difficult a path that might be but I'm not sure you have many viable options.

Ian
Old May 1st 2016, 5:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 children from a previous relationship. Their father is minimally involved and won't allow them to move as his last stitch effort to be a complete _____. Otherwise, trust me, I'd much rather raise my children in the UK. PLUS Mr and I want to have a child of our own...what kind of situation would that be now???
How old are the children?

What kind of situation would what be? You mean if you and your current husband have a child now? Nothing would change, you would just have a child whose father lives outside the USA.

Rene
Old May 1st 2016, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

We've attempted to barter with the minuscule child support in the past and their father resists. The children are 8 & under...and they consider their step-father very much their "daddy"...so this isn't just a romantic situation, but a true family that is being kept apart.

Thank you Ian and others for your sympathy. We will look into any and all avenues possible.

We've seem to come across form I-601 that may be of some help?
Old May 1st 2016, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

It has come up in your previous threads. But the crime has to be waiverable.

I do not know to what extent the US Courts will be be susceptible to the argument of your family been kept apart, something to talk to your Lawyer about, no doubt varies by State and possible Court/Judge.
Old May 1st 2016, 7:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

No. Because there is no waiver available for his category of inadmissibility!!
Old May 1st 2016, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

JPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs. here...

Trust me when I tell you that you will be better off than if you dump a ton of money into a lawyer's pocket for them to tell you what we are all telling you for free. You will also be better off by not "rocking the boat" with US immigration because they may just decide to deny the next B2 on the basis that they believe he will stay with you illegally.

You're right, I don't understand what you're going through, but bigger than that I do not understand why you didn't heed the warning before you got married. This is not a new element of US Immigration Law, it's been in place all along. This shouldn't be new information to you. It doesn't sound like you were ever considering relocating to the UK because of your children, so doing your homework on your husband moving the US would have been a better choice.

I don't say this to be mean spirited and if you are taking this personally, I'm sorry. That isn't my intent. My intent is simply to give you the facts and explain that you are where you are through your own choices not because US Immigration have moved your goal posts. I'm sure this is wretched for your family and I genuinely feel bad for you, but you need to accept the reality and determine where you go from here because there is no option for your husband to move to the US.
Old May 1st 2016, 10:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

from alllaws.com

Difficulties in Obtaining a Waiver of Inadmissibility for Drug Crimes

Typically, when a person faces deportation or refusal of an immigrant visa for a crime, he or she may have the opportunity to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. A waiver forgives the crime (for immigration purposes) and allows the person to remain in the country, gain entry, or return to the U.S.

However, the U.S. government has greatly restricted any relief for drug crimes. With the exception of a single drug offense involving possession of 30 grams or less of marijuana (for one’s own, personal use), drug crimes cannot be waived.

Another, less commonly applicable exception is for a person whose conviction was the result of a guilty and no-contest plea before April 1, 1997 as the result of a plea agreement.

The site goes on to talk about drug dealing, in particular, and that there is no waiver for that crime.

Because he was a juvenile at the time he was convicted and sentenced and without knowing any of the other particulars, hire a well versed immigration attorney who specializes in this type of problem.

I know it sounds cruel, but why did you marry someone with a known drug conviction for dealing drugs without first obtaining all the immigration information you needed to see if you are eligible to live together.

You can also take the custody and removal of the children out of the country to a family court judge. I'm sure a good family attorney will know how to approach the paperwork to make this happen since the father is being a dick about it.
Old May 4th 2016, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

DottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond reputeDottM has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is of no help to the OP but it must be a horrible position to be in. I am sure when he made the bad decision 15 years ago he would have no idea of the consequences it would have further down the line. I agree there should be a grey area to cover juveniles. I am sure most of us have made some stupid decisions in our younger days (maybe not as serious as the OP). I am equally sure there are many who committed similar acts but were never caught and were able to immigrate successfully.

While I agree perhaps more research should have been done before getting married .... when did love and logic ever go in the same sentence?

As it appears there is no way for the OP to make a life in the US I really hope an agreement can be made to allow the children to come live in the UK. Best of luck with that as I see it being your only viable option.
Old May 4th 2016, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

All immigration issues aside...
I can't believe people really ask about logic over love. Or want to know why i didnt research Mr's background before I wed him haha. Call me a hopeless romantic, but love is love regardless of continent or mistakes made as a child or favorite flavor of ice cream.
Respectfully,
Mrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.