Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Post-interview Administrative Processing

Post-interview Administrative Processing

Old Apr 13th 2018, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post-interview Administrative Processing

Knightsbridge couriered the medical report on Wednesday, 4 April. My husband had is interview on Monday, 9 April. The lady that conducted my husband's interview said the report was in the building (embassy) but had not been matched up to his file. They took his passport with the understanding that once that report was matched up to his file, it would go on to have the visa issued, & etc.

So the CEAC website was updated on Wednesday, 11 April with the status of "administrative processing."

I'd like to think that last updated date means someone was in the file, possibly matching that medical report to the rest of the file?

I've tried to find more information on the processing time for this particular situation and found nothing. Do y'all know, generally speaking, how long this process takes? Once the passport is sent off, does the status change then to issued, or is that after it's on it's way to my husband does that status change?

We've been very lucky with processing times and paperwork getting where it needs to be until this point....the very end. So frustrating!
Old Apr 14th 2018, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post-interview Administrative Processing

I had my medical on a Monday and my interview on the Friday of the same week. My results hadn’t yet reached the embassy so I got the blue 221g slip.

By the Monday, my CEAC was marked as ‘AP’. The date changed the next day but still as ‘AP’. It changed to ‘issued’ on the Wednesday. My passport was returned on the following Monday.

So, from my medical to the passport being back in my hands, it took 10 working days in total.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Post-interview Administrative Processing

Originally Posted by leema5
I had my medical on a Monday and my interview on the Friday of the same week. My results hadn’t yet reached the embassy so I got the blue 221g slip.

By the Monday, my CEAC was marked as ‘AP’. The date changed the next day but still as ‘AP’. It changed to ‘issued’ on the Wednesday. My passport was returned on the following Monday.

So, from my medical to the passport being back in my hands, it took 10 working days in total.
Thank you for responding. Today would be day 7, and it's still processing. He didn't receive a 221g slip? I've spoken to others and they didn't receive a 221g slip either. But their processing time in this situation was 14 days.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it seems like AP is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' situation, obviously it sucks waiting but I guess there isn't much else you can do.

I'd give it up to four weeks and then get in contact with the embassy and chase it up - but I'd expect it to be completed before then judging by other peoples timelines.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shrinkydinkydoo
Thank you for responding. Today would be day 7, and it's still processing. He didn't receive a 221g slip? I've spoken to others and they didn't receive a 221g slip either. But their processing time in this situation was 14 days.

My medical results had not physically reached the embassy yet so the 221g was pretty much a certainty for me. If they knew your husband’s results were there, it would explain why he didn’t get a 221g.

If he hasn’t heard anything from Knightsbridge, then I can only assume that the updating process has been slower than normal.

That said, there have been others who have received their visas without it updating, I believe. Someone might correct me if I’m mistaken. Look out for the email from the courier company just in case.

I hope it updates to issued soon. I remember well how it felt to check the CEAC every five minutes.