Reload this Page >

Travel to USA during visa application process

Travel to USA during visa application process

Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Stewart J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel to USA during visa application process

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance. I am married to a US citizen. My green card application has been submitted but not processed yet. I want to go on vacation to the US in June for two weeks. But....i can't quit my job in London until end of July so i need to return to London after the vacation. What if my visa gets processed between now and June? Can i enter the US for my two week vacation and still come back to London until end of July? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to USA during visa application process

It's not a green card application, it's an immigrant visa application.

Your visa will not get processed until you attend an in-person interview in London, so there's no chance of having your visa processed while you are visiting the USA.

You are allowed to visit the USA as normal during the immigrant visa process.

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you happen to go to the interview and get the visa in hand before June, you can still try to use the VWP to visit the USA, but you must enter the USA by the visa expiration date.

Or, you can use the immigrant visa instead of the VWP, then return to the UK for a few months to wrap things up.

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2018, 10:32 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where you are in the process and which processing method your CR-1 is following...but it is perfectly possible to visit during the processing. I visited my husband twice during the I-130 stage.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...t-visa-578918/
Old Apr 15th 2018, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

When was it filed?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

How did you file the I-130?

If you filed in the US rather than a DCF in London then you wont have an interview until 2019.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mike95 is an unknown quantity at this point

I travelled to the US after my medical and a couple weeks before my k-1 interview, brought proof of address and ongoing employment just in case. Entered fine under esta, asked a few questions, realised I was k1 and told me good luck!