Possible Fraud?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible Fraud?

CB,

Although she doesn't say so, the article seems to be written about aliens who are pending adjustment - not aliens who have become LPRs.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Hi Rene

Me too. According to USCIS divorce does not nulify the agreement. Granted that isn't the same as saying the agreement cannot be withdrawn.

Here's the article. I think you'll find a couple of innacuarcies in it from just scan reading, but it's interesting.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new...e_an_immigrant
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:47 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
CB,

Although she doesn't say so, the article seems to be written about aliens who are pending adjustment - not aliens who have become LPRs.

Regards, JEff
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Otherwise the article goes against everything we've learnt.

Anyone fancy contacting the author to explain further?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Otherwise the article goes against everything we've learnt.

Anyone fancy contacting the author to explain further?
g'waaan, you're just sitting around today
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:34 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
g'waaan, you're just sitting around today
PMSL! You got me. Kid's got the day off school so I'm home with 'em. I'm studying for an exam on Wednesday (two exams actually but who is counting). But I keep getting distracted.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
CB,

Regards, JEff
Wouldn't "no-showing" for the AOS interview achieve the same end, if it was pertaining to aliens pending adjustment? No need to withdraw anything, if the USC does not show for the interview, right? Of course, there are more cases now that do not require an interview...so perhaps that's true. I thought that a USC can *request* the withdrawal of an I-864, even after LPR is secured. If the request is granted or not, I guess would depend on the particulars.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bio,

Interesting - can you provide any further information about this? I have an ex- that I wouldn't mind escaping the obligation for.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by bionomique
... I thought that a USC can *request* the withdrawal of an I-864, even after LPR is secured. If the request is granted or not, I guess would depend on the particulars.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant futureMojo418 has a brilliant future

Something my ex-wife did was contact the local INS office in Charlotte asking for my new address as she needed to send papers to me. (She had my address already and we were in contact, she was trying to be spiteful. The interviewer actually told me all this).

So you could contact the local office and ask them for an updated address as she needs to keep them informed, but I'm not sure they would give it to you though.

Originally Posted by aclosipic
Thank you for your response!
But where do I send the divorce papers to? Do I send it to her residence abroad? Do I look for her here?