Reload this Page >

Please help me to get my wife

Please help me to get my wife

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Please help me to get my wife

Dear All;

I engaged to girl from Jordan on July, 2003. Then She got an I-20 to study in US. But she has been rejected 3 times because she does not have enough funds (Feb., 2004).

So she got job in USA and H1B approval but the embassy rejected to give her visa based that she is not qualify for the job from the interview and her file has been return to INS to revoke her H1B approval (June, 2004).

I married her after Thousands of phones exchange and several short visits to her on (Dec. 2004)

I am green card holder in US, How I can help her to join me in US?
Can I help her on H1B visa?
Can I help her on I-20 Visa?
What is visa is the best for her?

Please help.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me to get my wife

Originally Posted by CanadaMan
Start here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/spouselive.htm. After you read all the information here, come back and ask your questions.

Not likely.

Not likely.

The one that gets her to the US.

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Please help me to get my wife

Thank you ian-mstm for quick response. But it looks the process will take from 4-5 years. I am right?

What is better options?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you ian-mstm for quick response. But it looks the process will take from 4-5 years. I am right?

What is better options?
Yes, the process for a green card holder to bring over a spouse, is a lengthy one. There's a very long wait time. In the meantime, if the GC spouse becomes a Citizen, that will help the process.

Otherwise, the only other way she can come over is on one of the other visas you mentioned.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:17 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All;

I engaged to girl from Jordan on July, 2003. Then She got an I-20 to study in US. But she has been rejected 3 times because she does not have enough funds (Feb., 2004).

So she got job in USA and H1B approval but the embassy rejected to give her visa based that she is not qualify for the job from the interview and her file has been return to INS to revoke her H1B approval (June, 2004).

I married her after Thousands of phones exchange and several short visits to her on (Dec. 2004)

Please help.
Visa applications usually ask if you have a Fiancee in the US, and if she answered yes, she isnt likely to get an F-1 student visa. Im curious how the US school accepted her without her having funds available?

In amswer to your other comments, yes, 5 years may be around right!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Visa applications usually ask if you have a Fiancee in the US, and if she answered yes, she isnt likely to get an F-1 student visa. Im curious how the US school accepted her without her having funds available?
Actually, Carl, they are married now anyway. Not sure if that will still be a problem with her getting a student visa.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What is better options?
As Rene points out, the process will speed up considerably if you become a US citizen. There is no quota for the spouse of a USC, so there's no waiting for visa availability.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Please help me to get my wife

Thank you all for inputs. But Can I try again for H1B Visa since the first one in the process for revoke or wait unit the first one is finished?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for inputs. But Can I try again for H1B Visa since the first one in the process for revoke or wait unit the first one is finished?

Are you going to be hiring her?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:21 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Actually, Carl, they are married now anyway. Not sure if that will still be a problem with her getting a student visa.

Rene
I really should read peoples quotes properly before hurling my advice at them! LOL - Apologies OP!

I still think they will tell her no to an F-1, as its a non-immigrant visa but she has Immigrant intent.. especially as she doesnt have the funds to study but still wants to come to US so badly.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Employer applies, instant suspicion if there is a family relatonship involved. But the best person to discuss this is with the Employer's attorney.

F1 is very difficult to get in these circumstances, how are you going to show non immigrant intent?

File as a LPR now and then upgrade when you get citizenship.

Or Canada?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The Employer applies, instant suspicion if there is a family relatonship involved. But the best person to discuss this is with the Employer's attorney.

F1 is very difficult to get in these circumstances, how are you going to show non immigrant intent?

File as a LPR now and then upgrade when you get citizenship.

Or Canada?

Why not return to Canada and bring her there? Much easier all around to do it that way.