Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Paying for DS-260 (DCF route)?

Paying for DS-260 (DCF route)?

Old Jan 10th 2016, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying for DS-260 (DCF route)?

Hi all,

I am a UKC, my wife is a USC. We are filing for a spouse visa via the DCF route as her with the petitioner with the consulate in London and this evening I have just filled in my DS-260.

I know there is a $230 fee for this but I completed the form, submitted it and have had no prompts for payment. I logged back into my 'case' and under IV Fee it simply has "N/A" and I cannot click on it. Do I pay for the DS-260 at my interview or do they send me an invoice once they have reviewed it?

I don't want them to sit on it waiting for payment if they require it now thats all. Thank you
Old Jan 10th 2016, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying for DS-260 (DCF route)?

They have to review your case, and then the button becomes 'live'

Mine took a couple of days, keep checking
Old Jan 11th 2016, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, thank you for that.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

No probs

As Ian has said in one of your other threads, the wheels of immigration are slow!

Mods just wondering if its worth combining the OP's threads, help keep them organised?
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

southerners is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding is that, since you are married and are applying under the CR-1 category, there is no fee to pay until the day of your interview. I had the impression that K1 fiancé category applicants pay a $265 fee online when prompted (and I believe it tells you to now pay online when you receive the interview invitation), but that CR-1 applicants pay a $325 immigrant visa fee on the day of the Embassy interview. This is in addition to other CR-1 fees (I-130; medical fees; green card production fee), all of which are paid at different points during the process.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting, thanks Southerners. I'll keep checking my application just in case but if there is no option to pay, I guess I do it the day of the interview.

ETA: Checking out Rich's excellent guide on filing DCF, it appears the $260 DS-260 fee is paid at the enbassy on the day of your interview. Thanks for all that replied.

Last edited by Harveyspecter; Jan 13th 2016 at 2:14 pm.