Reload this Page >

Our CR1 visa timeline/journey!

Our CR1 visa timeline/journey!

Old Oct 15th 2017, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

bg1109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our CR1 visa timeline/journey!

Hi everyone
I thought I’d create a thread to document our timeline and process, to update as things start happening. You’ve all been so helpful to us- hopefully we can help other couples in the same boat too with what to expect, as our journey gets closer to completion.

October 8, 2017- We got married!

October 14, 2017- Mailed our I-130 package to the Chicago lockbox with the following included: A $535 check, the G-1145, I-130 and I-130A, two passport photos of myself and a copy of my birth cirtificate, our marriage certificate; evidence: two affidavits of support from family, a life insurance form naming me as the beneficiary, photos throughout our relationship and our wedding invitation. It’s slated to arrive Monday- fingers crossed we got everything right on the first try!
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our CR1 visa timeline/journey!

You are living outside of the US? If so, why did you include two affidavits of support? I was under the impression that those were sent to the NVC once they notified your spouse that the I-130 was adjudicated. Were you asked to attach proof that your spouse was a US Citizen, i.e. birth certificate or a US passport?

PS I just read the instructions and yes, you had to include proof that your spouse is either a USC or a permanent resident.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 15th 2017 at 6:36 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

I'm pretty sure the OP means sworn affidavits attesting to their martial relationship, not the I-864.

I believe the OP is the USC, and included a copy of birth certificate as proof.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Noorah! You’re correct- I’m a USC currently here in the states, and my husband is from Britain and currently living there. I should’ve included that. The affidavits were attesting to our marital relationship

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Rete,

I'm pretty sure the OP means sworn affidavits attesting to their martial relationship, not the I-864.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Rete,

Rene
Originally Posted by bg1109
Hi, Noorah! You’re correct- I’m a USC currently here in the states, and my husband is from Britain and currently living there. I should’ve included that. The affidavits were attesting to our marital relationship

Slip of the fingers. Hey I know about that.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

October 18, 2017: Text and email notification that our case has been received and transferred to the Potomac Service Center

Question- is there any potential RFE, would that be done at this stage or when they review it in 5-6 months?

Hi everyone
I thought I’d create a thread to document our timeline and process, to update as things start happening. You’ve all been so helpful to us- hopefully we can help other couples in the same boat too with what to expect, as our journey gets closer to completion.

October 14, 2017- Mailed our I-130 package to the Chicago lockbox with the following included: A $535 check, the G-1145, I-130 and I-130A, two passport photos of myself and a copy of my birth cirtificate, our marriage certificate; evidence: two affidavits of support from family, a life insurance form naming me as the beneficiary, photos throughout our relationship and our wedding invitation. It’s slated to arrive Monday- fingers crossed we got everything right on the first try!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

October 18, 2017: Text and email notification that our case has been received and transferred to the Potomac Service Center

Question- is there any potential RFE, would that be done at this stage or when they review it in 5-6 months?
Anytime between now and then.

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

A little late posting this, but we received our I-797C NOA in the mail on October 23rd- 9 days after we mailed in our I-130 package. So excited that the process is underway finally

Thanks again for all of your help in navigating these often confusing waters.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:31 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Now the waiting begins.

Take this opportunity to research the next stage and get all your paperwork together.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

Good news update: April 23, 2018: Our case has been approved at the Potomac Processing Center. Just 6 months and a few days after it had been received. We saw the case status change online today, and I can't wait to find something in the mailbox in the next few days!

Thanks to everyone on here who's helped us- we had no requests for evidence
Old Apr 24th 2018, 11:49 pm
Concierge

Congratulations, bg. Next stop NVC.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations, bg. Next stop NVC.
Thanks!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Morning, all!
Just wanted to update our timeline with the latest on our case- in case it's helpful to anyone.

October 14, 2017- Mailed our I-130 package to the Chicago lockbox with the following included: A $535 check, the G-1145, I-130 and I-130A, two passport photos of myself and a copy of my birth certificate, our marriage certificate; evidence: two affidavits of support from family, a life insurance form naming me as the beneficiary, photos throughout our relationship and our wedding invitation. It’s slated to arrive Monday- fingers crossed we got everything right on the first try!

April 23, 2018: Our case has been approved at the Potomac Processing Center.

May 2, 2018: (give or take a day). Our case is received by the NVC.

June, and the first part of July: Crickets and radio silence. Upon calling the NVC to check on our case, we're told that during their transition from paper to online processing, our case was put in the incorrect paper file. Upon discovery of this, it was placed in the correct online (or electronic, whatever they call it) pile, but only behind all of the cases that had been received at the NVC in the two months since. Incredibly frustrating.

July 25, 2018: We receive via email a Notice of Visa Case Creation, giving us the case number we need access the online portal to pay our next round of fees and upload our next documents.

And that's where our timeline ends for now, as the Ceac website has been down, and continues to be down for maintenance. From all of the tweets and forums I've read online, the website has been down since July 19th or 20th. As of 9am today, July 30th, it remains down. Absolutely insane to me how that's even possible for so long. And here we wait, again. Have our case number, and yet we can't even do anything with it.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Congratulations on being one step closer to obtaining your CR-1 visa. Good show!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Rete! Your knowledge and advice has been a big help to us during this process!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.