nyc advance parole

Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

nycbcis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nyc advance parole

My AOS application (based i-360 vawa) has been pending for over 2 years at the nyc bcis, i need to get an urgent Advance Parole, is there a way i could get it as soon as possible on the grounds that my application has not been processed?
Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks all.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

scredy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nyc advance parole

Originally posted by nycbcis
My AOS application (based i-360 vawa) has been pending for over 2 years at the nyc bcis, i need to get an urgent Advance Parole, is there a way i could get it as soon as possible on the grounds that my application has not been processed?
Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks all.
You can apply for an advance parole, you need the form 131 and 110 $ and go by walking in their office, in case of emergency you must bring a emergency letter if you want some chance to get a positive answer.

Anyway you suppose to be able to leave it just depends, of the BCIS, I just got my receipt from my application AOS, etc... and I already apply, I live in Florida, and Thursday I went to the office in Miami, without an emergency letter, they rescheduled me an appointement this Friday, to tell me or not if I get the I 512 (form that you need to leave the country).

So it will depend of the people that your gonna met there and also the proof of emergency that you are going to bring them.

Good luck
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

The grounds must be a neccessary travel emergency. Make sure you have a reason to need AP, not just that they have been sitting on your AOS for 2 years.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

MelissaS is an unknown quantity at this point

It's worth going down even if you don't have an "emergency"...we did and had absolutly no problem getting it.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

nycbcis is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all for ur answers,
what did you get there Melissa? could you give me some details about time and what to take with me and also what floor.
Thank you for your help.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

MelissaS is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got there at about 7 am and he had his passport, birth cert., copies of his AOS application and AP application and also the little yellow receipt that we received. He got in the door around 8:30...I'm not sure what floor they sent him to...I wasn't with him...I'll ask and get back to you...oh, he also brought the invitation to the wedding in Germany he was invited to. When he got called to the window he explained to them and showed him his stuff...they then had him sit back down and wait...he waited all day and about 10 minutes before they were going to close they called him back up and gave it to him. Maybe he just got an understanding person but I think it is defidently worth the try. Good luck!