NVC progress

Old Mar 12th 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

smp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NVC progress

Hi there

Feeling really annoyed about the progress of my spousal visa with NVC. Here's what we have so far-

-called last week, just short of 6 weeks since the date of my USCIS NOA2/acceptance letter, informed that since it was 6 weeks and they still hadn't received the case, to call a few days later...for whatever reason...
-called a few days later as instructed, told that NVC received case 15th February!!!! For some reason, first person I called a few days earlier did not tell me this! This lady told me she would send my case to a supervisor as it was clearly out of standard time-lines for a case number to be generated.
-called a week later, today, to be told that case enquiry would be e-mailed to supervisor (???!!!). Asked many questions, no answers.

Is this normal???? My NOA2 from USCIS was dated 22/01/2018. The priority date is 04/28/2017. NVC apparently received my case 02/15/2018. Still I have no case number. Any advice on what to do next??? Phone calls seriously aren't getting me anywhere.

Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC progress

Yes, I think this is now the norm.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

smp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond reputesmp17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Yes, I think this is now the norm.
Thanks, appreciate the response!
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smp17
Is this normal????
Yes.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2018, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

It can be frustrating as I’m in the NVC stage too, but once they issue welcome letter with your case numbers etc, things do move along nicely compared to the 8 month wait of nothing we had in the USCIS stage! One bit of advice is once you’ve entered you’re DS-261 (choice of agent) get whoever the agent is (you,spouse or whoever) to call NVC and ask to be verified over the phone. This will save you several weeks.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for the responses!
Old Mar 15th 2018, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid the only things I learned from the whole process was patience!! But you'll get there in the end, the only advice I offer is make sure you are setup ready to go because no matter how prepared you think you are, suddenly you fly in a week and still have a house full of cr4p you don't know what to do with!! Ebay was my friend.................