Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

"A" number on EAD vs. NOA for K1

"A" number on EAD vs. NOA for K1

Old Apr 12th 2002, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

christine1438 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "A" number on EAD vs. NOA for K1

While writing a letter to my District office for a change of address (while remaining in the same district, moved just 4 blocks), I noticed that the A# on my husband's EAD is a 9 digit number and that the A# on his NOA for the K1 is an 8 digit number. Also, they are not the same number with just the first or last digit on/off, they are completely different numbers. Is this normal?
Old Apr 12th 2002, 10:40 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: "A" number on EAD vs. NOA for K1

christine1438 wrote:
    > While writing a letter to my District office for a change of address (while
    > remaining in the same district, moved just 4 blocks), I noticed that the A# on my
    > husband's EAD is a 9 digit number and that the A# on his NOA for the K1 is an 8
    > digit number. Also, they are not the same number with just the first or last digit
    > on/off, they are completely different numbers. Is this normal?
    >
Nope, not normal. the EAD number should be the same as the notice of approval. be
*sure* you are not looking at the notice of action instead of the notice of approval,
as the numbers on them are not the same usually. If the EAd number is not the same as
the notice of approval, then you have a problem and should re-visit the INS office.
Alvena See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org